1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My question to article marketing writers.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by nick2007, Jun 30, 2010.

What's better put articles at your site or put them say at ezinearticles.com ?
    Please, i'd like to hear from persons who really know what they're doing.
    Thanks.

nick2007, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  2. topcontentwriter

topcontentwriter Peon

Best Answers:
    If you post what your goal is with the articles, we could better help you. Sometimes it's better to put them on your own site (like when you want to earn Adsense). Sometimes it's better to post them at article directory sites (to drive traffic to your site and get backlinks).

topcontentwriter, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  3. nick2007

nick2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get traffic and earn money from adsense and EPN.

nick2007, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In that case the answer would be both. Write several versions of the article. One for your site, the others for the article sites. Then link from those to the article on your site, for better SEO results(= more traffic).

Kraven2, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  5. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    In the last couple years there has been a complete change in direction. Clickbank and adsense, were not the main reason for putting the article on the site. It was intended for a business to display a mastery knowledge of a certain market area. Also article directories used to have one leader and a bunch of followers.

It is determined by how highly quality of an article you write. If it is high quality, a good rewrite is well worth the time. The first article is placed on an article directory. If you still use Ezine Articles, remember that the keyword density is only 1.0 and that the most common reader is a woman over age 64 with little college. Not exactly an ideal candidate for many businesses.

Now other article directories may allow a keyword density of 2.0 2/100 word ratio, plus allow you to name the business and place a link directly in the content.

This is very similar to the rewrite, for the website, where a couple keywords will be changed. Make absolutely sure here that your 4 top keywords have a ratio as close to 2.0 as possible. Although Bing, may allow as high as 5/100, this would be in the eyes of Google keyword spamming.

If your article is trash, one copy is enough, do not let it multiply.--------------

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  6. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both strategies work. Some people from HubPages are making good money. Some people with their own blogs are also making decent income. With your blog you have more freedom (sell, buy, partner, coding...) with Hubpages or Ezine you have limited freedom but advantages (better ranking, promotion...)

omarabid, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  7. darkrider919

darkrider919 Peon

Best Answers:
    i'd say do both, but make sure that the article you right is informative not just a bunch of sales pitch.

darkrider919, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  8. peejaydee

peejaydee Peon

Best Answers:
    Completely agree. The quality of such articles is paramount.
    Take a look at "A Badly Written Article is Anything but a Good Advert".

peejaydee, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  9. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where are you getting your numbers from?

YMC, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  10. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kraven2, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  11. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    There are better directories then eZines now if you really want people to see the article. Ezines has gotten so much hype over the last couple of years that now pretty much everyone is trying to upload SOMETHING to it, so it moves really fast--your article could be displayed and then (for lack of a better word) "archived" within a couple of hours. Do some searches for other article directories and try submitting to them as well.

Do NOT try to use an article spinner to save yourself time. It is better that you rewrite the article yourself so that it keeps its human "feel". :)

snarke, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  12. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Very Sound Advice

If you are referring to EzineArticles, the keyword density is their own doing of standards imposed on the article "inspectors". You might also find it under their guidelines. As for their most common readers, there are a few internet sources that give a description of the "typical" user of their services.

So if over age 64, meant for example 66, that would be a means, not an average. I know you understand "means", but many think this refers to majority. A 'means" is where because of age bracketing would be understood as half over age say 66 and one half under. The little college is a factor that is shown for all age ages groups as indicated in reference to the average internet searcher. In fact in the case of EzineArticles, none of the educational bracketing points to having some college education as its "mean" figure.

Is this true of all Article Directories? No, but of many.

In contrast using the same analysis, at ArticlesBase the figures contrast. The "means" age of reader is age 45 to 64. Still more likely to be female. Also their is a higher factor of college involved.

So what you brought up is very important for you and your client to know. One article directory might be geared more to providing impulse clickbank items, so the quality of the article, has to be just a tad better than the 800 next to it.
    They are looking for impulse buyers. Unfortunately seniors are the easiest to convince into these traps.

Now for business, my experience has shown it very frequently the woman that often does the research on the product. That figure is high, because she may be doing it for the lazy boss, or she is a professional and is doing it for herself. Same thing comes to selling a couple. In way over 70% of the time it is the woman that makes the decision. This is why I encourage writers to start tilting their articles to the appeal of women. Such as the use of mini-stories or events. In my wife's case, more than 2 out of 3 orders are placed by women that did the research or reading, before ordering.

dyadvisor, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  13. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    snarke, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Snarke are you back with your personal attack? You tell me I used the wrong term, but then also you need to provide the correct one. I do not mind being corrected. In fact if it means average, then my figures actually carry more weight. Why are you worried about YMC. I respect many of the sights given, and mutually as this is a forum, of course different viewpoints are expressed. If you bothered to read Kraven's high response post, you would see how much good diversity there is. Along with it comes a great deal of knowledge given in different perspectives.

Quit rehashing about people no longer here. The future is now. The opportunities are now. Members are looking forward, not backward.

I believe that a person having more knowledge about a subject is great. Can you personally say you know everything mentioned. If so do not bother to comment. That is great that we have a person here with such superior knowledge.

I know the original OP person. So for the benefit of him, and others it is good to become aware of things. Is it wrong that I actually gave proof why one article directory might be better in one situation than another to use?

Please start you own post. It is easy to be a sniper on the side. If you do not like my posts simply do not read them. You have showed, that in a few occasions, you can actually provide valuable insights.

I do not have all the answers and neither do you. So for the sake of even one person learning something, I will continue to post what I can share.----------------------------------------------

Now to you, if defensive, that could mean criticism. To me it is reality, and that is the position I choose to use.

I have no lack of friends here, and that provides an inward reward. I am certainly not providing help for free, and then charging money. If you can prove this, please do. Just because someone devotes free time, that does not mean you have to join in.

But please start an intelligent post. And then others can throw anything in. The OP is a very sincere person living through worst conditions that you have ever witnessed, yet his mind is strong, and character is admirable.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  15. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Jesus, take another pill already. Shit, take four of them! You need serious help.

Like the others said, do both. But, focus on your site. Snarke made a good point about article dumpers. I personally think they are overrated.

Once you get more and more visitors, you want them to come back, and having good info does that.

Perry Rose, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  16. sixsigmayellow

sixsigmayellow Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want traffic put article in your site. If you want to submit in ezine write another article and submit it.

sixsigmayellow, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  17. Broyde

Broyde Peon

Best Answers:
    Nick it looks as if it is best to put them right here in this thread because this one is on schedule to have a lot of readers.

Broyde, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  18. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    dyadvisor, you try too hard .. like you're trying really hard to make your posts long but sometimes going offtrack ...

nick, I think first make sure your site has quality for your users ... then worry about getting traffic to it.

So ... if your site is weak content wise then use the (good) article on your site. If you're not 100% with the article then maybe consider using it for marketing purposes.

xenyo, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  19. nick2007

nick2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My thanks to Everybody who answered on my question.

I've decided to place my articles at my website. One site page - 1 article of 500 words. Below every article, i'll put EPN's links. I now think it's better to get derect traffic than a few clicks from Ezine.

Not worry Xenyo, my site is quality for users and i really have sales from it.

Perryrose, I don't have anything opposite you. But it seems you're really smoking some strong pot when you're writing most of your posts. Stop smoking that crap you do. Or better go to a doctor, mate.

nick2007, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  20. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like that you've already made a decision but if you're really wanting promotion and to get your site out there, put your articles in a couple of directories. You'll find that articlebase is another good directory. The quality of ezine might be bad right now but regardless, it's getting your name out there and you can make your articles shine above the rest if they grab people's attention and have excellent quality plus a catchy title.

DreamingBig, Jul 4, 2010 IP