1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question About NoFollow & SERPS

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Caden Grant, Jun 30, 2010.

I'm wondering if links that are nofollow help at all with a sites SERPS?

I have recently been submitting articles for backlinks for SEO and most of my articles have gone to articlesbase.com

Today I found out articlesbase.com is nofollow. Does this mean this won't help with my sites SERPS at all?

If so, what's the benefit of using articlesbase? To get traffic from the views of your articles through your links?

I need to know because if articlesbase won't help with my SERPS I don't want to use it anymore.

Thanks
    Caden

Caden Grant, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Supposedly the Googlebot doesn't even look at nofollow links at all. Still though, a link is a link and it will beneficial in other ways. If other people read your articlesbase article they have a chance of clicking on your link and coming to your site. As far as SERP's, it's not beneficial. I certainly wouldn't fret too much over it, but if you are looking to gain links for SEO purposes you might go to other dofollow directories. :)

PHPGator, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  3. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The jury is still out on no-follow. It's sure that Google does not put a lot of importance on them, but they do probably follow them.

As regards ArticlesBase, the idea is both get traffic and get syndicated (great for both). ArticlesBase allows links in the body text, which means that you can link in the beginning of the article.

gocali2009, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  4. Caden Grant

Caden Grant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay and since I'm only doing this for SEO it would be best to submit them to article submission sites that allow dofollow links I guess

Caden Grant, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  5. koyworkz

koyworkz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lately I've been through this nofollow vs. dofollow issues and in what I learn yeah nofollow don't help even a little bit in your SE rankings. In what I see your guess is right, you can only use articlebase to drive traffic to your site but not to help your site to rank.

koyworkz, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  6. ahtivas

ahtivas Guest

Best Answers:
    So article submission can help only in driving traffic and nothing to do with the website ranking. If it s so, wat's the alternatives?

ahtivas, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  7. koyworkz

koyworkz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't have enough knowledge about article marketing but I know there are directories there that is dofollow and I think most of them do. So you can still use article submission to gain backlinks.

koyworkz, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  8. Caden Grant

Caden Grant Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's not true. Article submission can help with website rankings as long as the backlinks are dofollow. Not every article site like ArticlesBase is nofollow. Other sites like EzineArticles are dofollow and will help you with your rankings.

However, a good thing about ArticlesBase is your post can get syndicated. I've actually seen some of my articles on ArticlesBase posted on other websites with backlinks to my site so it does help with your rankings in a way as long as your articles get syndicated.

Caden Grant, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  9. Elle Holder

Elle Holder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's a key point there. Don't ever assume you're only going to get link juice from the directories you submit to themselves. Assuming you have a quality article, and sometimes even when it isn't but has hot keywords, it will be picked up by bloggers and other site owners, and you can get dofollow links from there sites.

And if you are using ezinearticles, always always always grab your feed for each and every pen name you use and submit it to all the rss directories you can find.

Elle Holder, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  10. steelhead

steelhead Peon

Best Answers:
    I would make "Do Follow" links a priority if you have a choice. However, as was said earlier: A link is a link. Just because GoogleBot ignores them for Authority does not mean it's bad. Every other SE out there is still playing catch-up with mama G. relevance. Page Rank is somewhat overrated or at least given more weight in some minds than it should.

This is especially true if your site is marketed for a distinct geographic market you wish to serve. Such as a local automotive shop or shoe store. You get the idea.

The most important thing is traffic and subsequent conversion of said traffic. Page Rank is merely a Google Authority measure and has little to do with Traffic. Here is a wild example. Suppose you had 1,000 incoming links from niche relevant "No Follow" sites and but only a PR1. Secondly, suppose you had a big PPC budget and were good at converting clicks for your PR1 site. I'll wager you could laugh all the way to the bank.

Lastly, I would spend a good deal of time monitoring your stats. Where do the uniques come from. What are the search strings. Where are the uniques going. What are they doing. How long are they staying on your money page. How many are you converting to sales.

steelhead, Jul 2, 2010 IP