1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Tags

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Cozmic, Jun 21, 2010.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php (at the bottom)

It looks like someone got a couple bots to mass spam the search so they could have that link in the tags. I doubt anyone legitimately searches for that term so much that it drowns out every other thing searched for on these forums.

Screenshot: [​IMG]

Perhaps something should be done about links being spammed into the tags? It's not the only link in the tag list, but it seems to have destroyed the whole validity of scaling the sizes.

Edit: Maybe the code should be edited to test tags against a regular expression. If it contains a domain name then the tag will not be shown.

Cozmic, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  2. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like that domain belongs to a jimmy123, who banned a couple of months ago.

Nonny, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  3. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    Its actually a tag in all of jimmy's posts. One tag, then it builds up in every thread that he meakes the word gets bigger and bigger.

ChopSuey, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  4. Cozmic

Cozmic Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, I see. So those are based on tags instead of actual searches? I see. Looks like he ultimately kept some ground from all the spam0tags.

Cozmic, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  5. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    ChopSuey, Jun 30, 2010 IP