1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My step by step learning...

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by kweni16, Mar 15, 2010.

Hi guys! I've already introduced myself back in the Introductions thread. I need help to go through this. As I have no background whatsoever in this field. I'm trying out affiliate marketing from scratch. As in zero knowledge and experience with it.

So far I've already been able to sign up for an affiliate program and already have my keyword and website. The website is still in its default condition. Default theme with no contents yet. It took me a whole day trying to figure out how to set it up using Wordpress.

Anyway, now that the site is online, I've heard that there are plugins that could be used in Wordpress for better SEO. I hope the experts on here could suggest in my other thread (can't post links coz I'm not yet allowed to) as to which plugins or tools could be useful.

That's it for now. Thank you guys in advance.

kweni16, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  2. kweni16

kweni16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a shame...I tried but failed...well not actually failed...but I just stopped coz I was too negative...thinking that I might fail...ughhhh why can't I have the courage to do this?

Anyways, just delete this thread or close it...thanks...

kweni16, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  3. Phillychzsteak

Phillychzsteak Active Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't give up kweni. There's certainly a lot of different approaches you can take to become successful with affiliate marketing. You are not strictly limited to doing SEO on particular targeted keywords with an affiliate-based blog.

Recommended methods of promoting various affiliate offers/products:
    1) PPC -- pay-per-click can be relatively expensive, but if you have money to invest to try out different campaigns, you can hit gold with one.
    2) PPV -- pay-per-view is much more inexpensive than PPC. You pay for views of your site or of your affiliate product/offer. This type of marketing converts well with particular niches over others.
    3) Banner Placement -- I mostly recommend banner placements for people who are beginning. It's very simple. You can either purchase banner space on a targeted site for the particular product you're choosing to market, or you can create/buy a site and place banners on there (like you started to do back in March).
    4) Social Media -- Facebook/MySpace/plentyoffish/etc. are your friends! You can market a products to hundreds of millions of people using this form of marketing, certainly check it out.
    5) Develop an email list. If you can develop a double opt-in emailing list, which are targeted to a particular niche, you can send them an email with various products that they may be interested. For example, if you have a health emailing list, you can send out emails with products such as weight loss supplements, hair growth, etc. etc.. Email marketing can get you in trouble though, so definitely familiarize yourself with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.

I hope this encourages you to try again, and try different methods of promotion. You never know what might work. You shouldn't try this as a full time thing if you do not have another job, but you should definitely try it out in your spare time, a little bit at a time.

Phillychzsteak, Jun 29, 2010 IP
    kweni16 likes this.
  4. kweni16

kweni16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm...you're right Philly...but for now I gotta lay low...I was stupid to get into war without weapons...I thought it's ok to try it out without knowing ANYTHING at all and just learn the stuffs during the process...I'll just try to learn on stuffs for now...

Gotta study everything specially those methods you suggested...although I've read somewhere that forum posting (related to the product you're selling) is effective too right? They said you just have to place it in your siggy...anyway thanks again for the encouragement Philly! I really appreciate it!

kweni16, Jun 29, 2010 IP