1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Video marketing effective?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by teohcl, Jun 28, 2010.

Anyone here has tried out video marketing? Does it really effective? Please advise as I need some input before I decide to go for video marketing. Thanks

teohcl, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  2. Profitmarketer

Profitmarketer Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is effective, and depends how you use it. make informative videos,

Profitmarketer, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  3. openxcell.webdevelopement

openxcell.webdevelopement Peon

Best Answers:
    In this video plays vital role and the submission site where you are uploading your video. If the site is of dofollow then you will get more benefit and if not you have a chance of getting traffic.

4. online07

online07 Member

Best Answers:
    yes dear, people like video and also you can see sites like youtube generating huge traffic so you can promote your site there.

online07, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  5. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    Video marketing can be hugely effective. If you simply create powerpoints add music or do a simple voice over, you can create a bunch of videos very quickly and have SOME success.

However, if you dedicate time to putting your face in front of videos and have a much more interactive and personal feel to your videos on sites like YouTube, you can get thousands of views, many subscribers and create a constant source of traffic to your web page.

Video Marketing is also a great way to get subscribers to your social media profiles: Twitter (followers), Facebook (fans), or any other social media platform you may choose. Users tend to *notice* that familiar Social Media URL a bit more than they may your website URL, but if you provide quality information on your Social Media pages, you can gain viewers on those pages where you can send out regular updates and information to direct them to your website on a regular basis.

Hope this helps!
    If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

dukeofism, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  6. grandma

grandma Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got into video marketing I haven't had a lot of views to my videos yet but hopefully soon. I made them thru article video robot they very easy to make this way if you don't want to talk on camera. It's is kind of fun making them too. Here is a sample video I made for my poker site this one is with a talking robot you can change the voices put pictures in the videos and add music it's really cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqgxMnMnPNQ

grandma, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  7. iTube

iTube Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes it is.. actually i considered it as instant traffic for my site. just be sure to create appealing site and it will viral in no time.

iTube, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  8. gbaggs2

gbaggs2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Without a doubt. Go to Youtube.com and go to the channels section. When you get there sort by most popular. Some of these stupid videos are getting hundreds of thousands of page views that have absolutely no substance.

If you go this route I would go with "whacky" style videos with a catchy headline. Be sure to sign up with YouTube's affiliate program so Adsense ads appear on your videos and if clicked on you get a portion of that too. After uploading your video submit it to the social networking / bookmarking sites to get more exposure. Don't forget to copy and paste the code and put on your website / blog too.

gbaggs2, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  9. iTube

iTube Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah youtube is probably the best choice. i have hundreds of videos uploaded there. it does provide me some chunk of traffic daily

iTube, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  10. gadiez

gadiez Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, i like promote with video marketing like youtube, dailymotion

gadiez, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  11. kapesnik

kapesnik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, I like it, now looking for some good of list :)

kapesnik, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  12. stephanrobert

stephanrobert Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is really effective. People love to watch instead of reading.

stephanrobert, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  13. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Video marketing is a very effective mode for marketing. But one has to be very careful while designing the videos, if there is some fault in it then they will pass an reverse effect. Means if you are planning for videos then go for best ideas.

Serious Workers, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  14. DanaS

DanaS Member

Best Answers:
    Video are a great way to market because, if done right, can not only drive traffic to your site, but help to keep them on your site long enough to watch the video and get your message across. Also, because not many are using it for marketing purposes, people have not yet developed "ad blindness" when seeing them.

DanaS, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  15. nab

nab Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

From what I have read so far, Video Marketing can be very effective if done correctly. Many people do not fully follow the principles of doing 'good' video marketing.

Pat over at The Smart Passive Income Blog is doing a series on Video Marketing. Part 1 is up and is the latest post right now.

Quote:

"YouTube.

It’s been around for over 5 years, yet for some reason most bloggers still haven’t explored the video sharing platform where millions of people around the world are watching over 2 billion videos a day.

I took the SPI brand onto YouTube on September 26th, 2009 for the same reason I do everything else I report on this blog – to see if it’s a worth while place to invest my time.

276 days later, I can truthfully say that I’m more than pleased with the results of my experiment with YouTube to expand the SPI brand and audience base. Here are some quick numbers from my account as of today:

15 Uploaded Videos
    59,582 Total Views
    720 Subscribers

That’s an average of about 1 new video every 2 to 3 weeks. Considering that the average length of my videos is about 6 minutes in length, you can get a feel for just how much time I’ve really dedicated to this “experiment” – 6 minutes every 3 weeks."

Do not miss the whole post here: YouTube Tips and Tricks For Bloggers – Part 1

Pat discusses many tips and tricks for Video Marketing.

And be sure to read Part 2 when it's up.

nab, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  16. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes...It is very effective...especially if You combine it with guerilla marketing! Your videos should become viral...this way , You will get millions of views and thousands of visitors!

miksy123, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  17. junosama

junosama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think "how to" videos work great. If you can provide great tips people will follow your links back to your site for more.

junosama, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  18. gbaggs2

gbaggs2 Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? List of video sites? List of ideas for videos? What?

gbaggs2, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  19. Mike_1001

Mike_1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess is that video marketing is effective as any kind of marketing but it`s effective as much you put your sweat in it. In other words: the more you work on your video it`s better and can achieve it`s goal.

Mike_1001, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  20. Mike_1001

Mike_1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so true, I found "how to" videos useful in number of occasions.

Mike_1001, Jun 29, 2010 IP