1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ChaosKnight11, Jun 28, 2010.

Hi, I'm very new to web development, studied it a lot before I started, 4 years is a very long time! But I have recently launched my very first commercial website, can someone take a look at www.hotels-tours-safaris.com and tell me what I can do to make the website index better on major search engines? I have heard about DMOZ, and good quality backlinks, etc. But I don't really know where to start..

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

ChaosKnight11, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  2. S_A_W

S_A_W Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is a special section for SEO site reviews.

S_A_W, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  3. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    carleisenstein, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  4. bpo123

bpo123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Please apply the following steps on the website:

1. On page SEO

2. Off page SEO

bpo123, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  5. ChaosKnight11

ChaosKnight11 Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the difference between on page SEO and off page SEO? Is there somewhere where I can read up about this?

And sorry if I reposted a common question, I'm very new to these forums, and I didn't have time to go through every topic...

Thanks

6. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
  7. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    pro.seods, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  8. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    fyi dmoz is way overrated.

BrianJump, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  9. ChaosKnight11

ChaosKnight11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the very same after I heard about dmoz... But thank you for clearing that up a bit, so it isn't necessary to submit my URL there?

10. carleisenstein

carleisenstein Peon

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is overrated, but there's no harm in being there and it only takes a few minutes to apply (even if it can take months to be accepted or rejected). I'd still advise doing it - but just don't make it a core part of your strategy!

11. bestseoexpert

bestseoexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    First you optimize your site then start your off page activity. its a better to get ranking.

bestseoexpert, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  12. darkrider919

darkrider919 Peon

Best Answers:
    off page SEO, make sure that the title of your website is easy to remember, titles/headings must be in bold containing the keyword like Hotels safari, tours safari. these keywords must be spread naturally in your web content. regularly update content on your website.

darkrider919, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  13. ContentArticleWriter

ContentArticleWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    On-page SEO is the work you do on your site in order to make it search engine friendly. Off-page is the process by which you build bakclinks to your site to allow it to be found faster by bots. This of course is a rather ambiguous answer. I have learned a lot from my husband and by reading SEOmoz.org it is an SEO blog that is FULL of articles and information about SEO.

ContentArticleWriter, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  14. killbut

killbut Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you have to do search engine submission such as google,bing,yahoo and start SEO works..
    SEO is the only way to get back links and traffic. there are two faces in SEO, one is On page and another one is Off page..
    If you want to more about SEO then search in google and go through seo chat website.

killbut, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  15. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will take you 2 minutes to submit to dmoz, but your better off doing goog/yahoo sitemaps, adding your site to yahoo site explorer, getting all your onpage factors clean, and build content. Bookmarks, directories etc are also a good idea initially.

BrianJump, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  16. ChaosKnight11

ChaosKnight11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all your post, okay so my website was already submitted, it's about 10 years old, and after 10 years I changed the entire site, for about 8 years the website was completely dead. I didn't resubmit the website, but I uploaded my sitemap to Google, and I can see that it is starting to index some of the URLs, I'll submit to dmoz, and also submit my sitemap to other major search engines, and then I'll write a few articles about my website and post it at digg and propeller, I'm busy with a blog and forum for the website and will hire some people to add new entries in the database on a daily basis, and update my sitemap once a day... Will this work? And If I get my site "back-in-action", or so to speak, will my PageRank be updated? And when is it considered a good and reliable website? If it's at 6/10? What factors will improve my PageRank?

Thanks!

ChaosKnight11, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  17. rob110492

rob110492 Peon

Best Answers:
    my advice is to just concentrate on getting backlinks!

rob110492, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  18. ChaosKnight11

ChaosKnight11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are from external websites, right? So if I write articles on digg and propeller and put in a few link to important pages, will that count as backlinks? Is quantity king? Or is it more about quality? And how does search engines measure the quality? Via PageRank?

ChaosKnight11, Jun 29, 2010 IP