1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Success rate of Social Media Marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jiten702, Jun 23, 2010.

Hi all,

Nowadays, Social media marketing is booming like anything. People are using this platform for promoting their products & services. What is the success rate of doing social media marketing.....Is this useful in getting quality links and quality traffic....??

jiten702, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  2. Morris Robin

Morris Robin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Social Media marketing become the most popular these days.

Thanks
    Morris Robin

Morris Robin, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  3. arnoldsmithh

arnoldsmithh Peon

Best Answers:
    If your business is online so the success rate is almost 80 %. It gives your no follow backlink but traffic surety is must.

arnoldsmithh, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  4. mattysheff

mattysheff Member

Best Answers:
    A big chunk of my traffic comes from twitter and facebook.

mattysheff, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  5. B2BLocal.net

B2BLocal.net Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is true and helps you increase your page rank, popularity, and traffic too.

B2BLocal.net, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  6. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Its long process because it takes time to interact and get confidence of people using social networking websites.

desperateboy, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  7. Ray 'The Video Guy' Lane

Ray 'The Video Guy' Lane Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I haven't found much business from places like Twitter and Facebook. I have met a few people because of them, but when I have put information about products, even free reports, I have gotten squat.

8. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please define your meaning of "social media" - because that covers a lot of stuff. Are you asking about social networking sites like facebook, images and photo sites like photobucket, social bookmarking sites like mixx, stumble and digg, or video hosting sites like youtube?

But either way - I get a lot of traffic from all different types of social media. The problem is, its not targeted traffic. Traffic from youtube has a 30% - 40% bounce rate, traffic from google images has a high bounce rate, traffic from sites like digg and stumble has an 85% - 100% bounce rate. My most targeted traffic comes from blogs and forums.

~kev~, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  9. DPExpert

DPExpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media in general isn't a good way to generate backlinks. Rather, it can be used to get large amounts of traffic from certain crowds if done correctly. Success rate is a very hard item to display. It definitely varies for different people. Some people get a lot of traffic (5000+ visitors a day) with 0% conversions, while others can do better...

DPExpert, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  10. carrotty

carrotty Peon

Best Answers:
    Think of it as PART of your overall marketing plan, not as a replacement for traditional marketing. Test, evaluate, retest, reevaluate. There is no magic bullet!

carrotty, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  11. robster vaughn

robster vaughn Peon

Best Answers:
    It usually voice out and to communicate with customers these social media sites helps you to spread your message in a relaxed and conversational way also, it is low cost but high returns.

robster vaughn, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  12. harsh.athalye

harsh.athalye Peon

Best Answers:
    Social media is just a mean to reach out to people. There is no magic trick to suddenly give boost to your traffic or PR. You need to work on social media strategy over a period of time to get some benefits, unless you are celebrity or something. Most important thing to retain that traffic, is to give people something useful.

harsh.athalye, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  13. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course they can help a lot. If they couldnt, number of users of these services reduced day by day. But you see that every day more people start using of them.

haveseo, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  14. hemescave

hemescave Peon

Best Answers:
    facebook is such a good place to link your cpa offers i have had great paydays via facebook

hemescave, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  15. nab

nab Peon

Best Answers:
    This might be uesful:

Quote:

"Google dominates search, but should it dominate your marketing?

Lee shared some stats that help support the diversification of your traffic and digital influence:

90% of consumers trust peer recommendations, according to Nielsen, but only 14% trust advertisements according to Larry Weber

Facebook added more than 200 million users in less than a year according to the Facebook timeline

Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the US

2nd most popular search engine isn’t Yahoo, it’s YouTube according to comScore

80% of companies use social media for recruitment, 95% of those are LinkedIn

The stats paint a clear picture: that social is vital to integrate with search and your marketing program overall. According to SEMPO, 35% of B2B companies integrate social media and search engine marketing programs – is your brand?

HubSpot is a great social/SEO example – they receive 20,000 leads a month from inbound efforts.

What about search and social as it integrates with PR and media relations? To research stories:

89% of journalists use blogs
    65% use social networks
    52% use Twitter"

Continued at: Lee Odden On SEO And The Social Web – OMS Minneapolis Keynote - Top Rank Blog

nab, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  16. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social Media Marketing like Twitter, Facebook, my space these are boom. You will get huge traffic and can also generate Good sales of your product or services

sousen, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  17. blogzter

blogzter Peon

Best Answers:
    Well what i see from social media is more promises than results. Maybe I am still to find a way to do it in a better way. I have a total of 60 000 followers over 15 accounts in twitter now and the traffic that i get from one post is ~ 20-30 uniques.

blogzter, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  18. MattGervais

MattGervais Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to make pretty good coin with facebook. Conversion's were killer for me. Things started going down hill when 50 million other people started spamming affiliate links. The masses caught on, and my conversion's fell through the floor. It was fun while it lasted and can still be profitable, however I find that I have to put way more time into it to get the same dollar amount out of it. Time in is increasing, but earnings are remaining about the same, sadly.

MattGervais, Jun 27, 2010 IP