1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Share your Google Analytics data?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Chrissy17, Apr 15, 2008.

Received in e-mail.

The FAQ says:

Many customers have requested benchmarking and conversion-based advertising features. If you wish to help improve our services and take advantage of these enhanced features once we release them, select the corresponding data sharing setting

Your website data will not be used to affect your natural search results, ad quality score or ad placement. Aggregate data across many customers will be used to improve our products and services.

If you choose to share your site's data, Google will use the data to improve the products and services we provide you. Additionally, only users who have opted to share their site's data with Google may use these new or improved services.

If you only choose the anonymous data sharing option, Google will remove all identifiable information about your website, then combine that data with hundreds of other anonymous sites in comparable industries and report them in an aggregate form.

:confused:

So what do others think. Share your data publicly or anonymously or not at all???

Chrissy17, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  2. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is no problem in sharing data with Google as it provides you your website performance comparison with other related sites on the basis of online search, traffic and visits..

manish.chauhan, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  3. Ladadadada

Ladadadada Peon

Best Answers:
    I chose the anonymous option. The benchmarking tool is quite interesting. I get more traffic than most sites my size but I also have a much higher bounce rate and a lower "pages per visit" rating.

Ladadadada, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  4. smartseogeek

smartseogeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree With Ladadadada

smartseogeek, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  5. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not receive that. And I don't want it. But it is good they ask permission to use this data, I thought they already had it somewhere deep deep in the fine print

atxsurf, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  6. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    good point. at least they are asking us so we have a chance to say no...

bigcat1967, Jun 26, 2010 IP