1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Digital point is great forum and Respect Religion , So please help me in this problem

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by moorafun, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi ,

I know that digital point is respecting all other religion
    I am Muslim and respect all other religion christians jeweish

And this is what Digitalpoint Said ( Thank you so much )

And the member ( http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=210705 )
    ( ChaosTrivia )
    is violating rules and insulting my religion and my prophet Mohammad peace be upon him
    and making his avatar and his profile picture with picture from cartoons insulting my religion which is drawn in Denmark .

Please check out my pesonal messages to see how he insulted my religion lot's of time
    and for that i am asking the great administration of Digitalpoint
    To Ban him , when you see my personal messages you will see that i was telling him to insult me
    but my religion no .and his answer was another insulting to my god and religion

I am totally sure that you judge with justice and will do as you said
    I am totally ready to proof any thing i said to ban him because many muslims here in digital point
    are waiting your action .

Thank you so much

moorafun, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you see a post that violates our rules, use the "Report Post" option.

digitalpoint, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  3. moorafun

moorafun Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for your fast reply
    but actually i am not talking about post
    i am talking about his profile picture
    please i can't see this picture really

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Put him on your ignore list?

5. moorafun

moorafun Peon

Best Answers:
    The question is Digitalpoint is respecting other religions or not ?
    i don't need much
    all what i want is to be respected and i think it is my right
    you should know that the prophet Mohamed peace be upon him for Muslims is every thing
    i accept to be insulted , killed , anything you can imagine but my prophet Mohamed No .
    We love him more than ourselves by all meanings of the word

so please i didn't insult him or his religion so he must respect me too .

i know you are busy but please it is very important case for us as muslims

Thank you So much

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    See previous post. There is functionality that you can use to hide users from you. We can't make you use it if you choose not to.

7. moorafun

moorafun Peon

Best Answers:
    i know that
    why don't you want to ban him or at least remove this picture ?
    i don't need other people to see it
    i already saw it when he put it on his profile but i am talking about the others

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This site is not for pushing religious beliefs on to others, sorry. If someone doesn't want to see that user, they can simply put them on their ignore list with one click. Simple. Not sure how much easier it can possibly be.

What if someone finds your profile picture offensive, should you be banned because they don't want other users to have to see it?

If you are truly worried about other people, just private message your friends and let them know they should add that user to their ignore list as well.

9. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Look, some dork on this site had an avatar which showed a dude picking his nose quite deeply and it made me sick to my stomach, it offended me and I took care of it the way advised above. For about two years I stopped viewing avatars and signatures all together. Don't worry over it friend, put him on ignore and he will not be able to offend you. :)

Karen May Jones, Jun 24, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
  10. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In a previous thread about another member using that Avatar a moderator commented:
    This forum resides in the United States so his avatar is protected under free speech and does not openly offend everyone but a select few, so no action will be taken.
    Code (markup):
    Take Shawn's advice and stick the users which offend you on your ignore list.

ChrisMiller, Jun 24, 2010 IP
    robjones likes this.
  11. powerpoisson

powerpoisson Peon

Best Answers:
    Please listen to me dp admin
    let's explain the situation with each other
    You ( as moorafun said ) has a rule in your forum that prevent at all any insulting for any religion
    So why do you make that rule ?
    For sure for not to have your members confused and not to have quarreling threads and posts
    Here what is the difference between a person who insult my religion and my prophet Mohamed ( peace be upon him ) in posts , and between another person who insult my religion and my prophet in his avatar or signature or even in his username
    If you thought of it you will find it exactly The same thing ...
    Even in the reason I stated before for you to have that rule
    You can take it also in other insulting ways
    Other thing now I have a question for you
    Can I ( as a member ) put my avatar a picture which insult any member here in dp which I am angry with ???
    Will the administration of the forum allow me to do that ???
    For sure the answer is NO
    Then the question here is WHY ???
    Another point you say make ignore
    If you think this is sufficent for me , then it isn't sufficient at all for all other members who see this picture and may take a bad idea about our religion from a picture like that ...so I don't want the digital point to be a place for insulting religions in any way
    Other thing for you admin
    You will not lose any thing if you ban this person ...or even just removed his picture
    For sure you will not lose any thing
    But for sure will gain respect of all muslim members and may be non-muslims too
    in addition , if you banned him and made an announcment that insulting any religion in any way ( posts-threads-avatars -or even any other thing ) is TOTALLY FORBIDDEN , for sure this will make the digital point more clean of hatred between members and will be in the side of the digital point
    please admin think well in my words and you will find I am talking right
    and I ( in the name of me and all the muslims in the dp )thank you in advance if you made what we aim to ..

powerpoisson, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  12. moorafun

moorafun Peon

Best Answers:
    Respecting my and my religion and respecting you and your religion whatever it is

All What We Need No More

Is this So difficult ?
    if i said in my avatar ( No for Jewish or Christianity or nothing is called holocaust ) will you leave me ??

moorafun, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  13. Genial

Genial Peon

Best Answers:
    This avatar is highly offending our religion, We ask it to be removed/changed.*

That's not a freedom of speech, that's INSULTING, HATE, RACISM!.
    Until now, I always thought that DP is respecting all the religions, but here you are, showing us that all the rules on this forum are just "ink on paper"... They never take action... Except for the rules that are useful to you.

This is hate, racism, and a violation of the DP rules.. When will it be removed? Can it get any worse?
    Please, think again.. I spend most of my time here on DP, and I want it to remain the same in my eyes as I always used to see it :)

Thank you all :)

Genial, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you even know what the word racism means?

Unless the picture of Muhammad was DRAWN BY A MUSLIM, it's not even disallowed by most Muslims.

The hadith bans drawing of an image of any living creature... it has nothing to do with Muhammad. Should we also ban all users who have an illustration of any living creature as their avatar? lol

Either way, the Qur'an, Bible or any other religious document or organization does not make rules here. If the Pope himself declared pictures of Shawn not allowed, do you think I'm going to remove pictures of myself? No.

If you find someone personally offensive for any personal reason you choose, you can put them on your ignore list. It's quite simple... it takes one click. You can put me on your ignore list if you want even. :)

digitalpoint, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  15. Genial

Genial Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, is mocking of your religion is not a type of Racism? You will clearly find that this picture is showing Our Prophet Muhammed, Peace Be Upon Him, (As the Caricaturist sees him) with a Bomb above his head, this clearly tells (As the caricaturist wants to show) that he was a terrorist. <= Don't you find this offensive?

Also, we did not ask you to remove your Profile Picture (as it is a living creature). I have my picture in my PP too, and I am Muslim!

Genial, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, it's not.
    Not at all... and if I did, I would put the offending user on ignore.

Someone could draw a picture of me with a bomb on my head... does that mean I'm a terrorist if someone does?
    Why would you not ask them to be banned too? It goes against your religion...

digitalpoint, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  17. moorafun

moorafun Peon

Best Answers:
    it is not matter of fun
    we are talking about the most valuable thing we have in our life ( our religion )
    why don't you see the reports i made about the personal messages he sent to me insulting my religion and insulting gods ?
    and wait to make more and more of reports for replies and answers he made insulting islam !!

One question :
    you don't want to ban him or at least remove his avatar because of his number of posts ?

is that the most important thing for you ?

Please put yourself instead of us and make the right decision

18. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, No, No and never, actually how can something get worse when it isn't a problem in the first place other then those who make it a problem? Chaos's Avatar is a accurate depiction of the religion to him personally and to many others on this forum, and nothing is going to be done about it a user should not be punished because a select few think that is wrong and go out of their way to piss and moan about it Grow up dammit... If you don't like it put him on your ignore list.

ChrisMiller, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  19. moorafun

moorafun Peon

Best Answers:
    I know you aren't against islam and that it is not matter of islam and if it is about you religion you will make the same
    decision
    but you should know
    that we love Dp that's why we want to stay here but we can't stay in place insulting the greatest person and the most beloved Peron to our heart
    we beleive in that please please try to imagine how we think and that

Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him we defend him with Ourselves

i hope you understand the meaning of this sentence .

Please we need right decsion from you
    all what we need is the Respect !! not too much

20. Genial

Genial Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't care about you! Are you comparing yourself to our Prophet, Muhamed (PBUH) ?

Plus, what if I give you an evidence of what I say is true? (the creator of this wants to say that Muhammed, (PBUH) was a terrorist)

Genial, Jun 25, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.