1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Opening a new Account for a Company

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Icheb, Sep 19, 2006.

I recently registered a company and I asked AdSense Support if it's alright with them to open up a separate account just for this company. After I heard all those stories here from people who have multiple companies with one account per company, I thought this would be a no-brainer. Not so. Their response (translated from German):

Are only US publishers allowed to do this or what?

Icheb, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  2. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its well known you can have accounts for each company you own, many people do this.
    I can't see why it would be different for non-US publishers (though it doesn't surprise me)

longroad, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  3. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    So did this guy just select the wrong prewritten response? ;)

Icheb, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    In the US, a company if properly registered, is an entity, like a person.

Thus, they entity, has its own right to sign up for an AdSense account. There is no permission needed.

Perhaps, you doomed the answer by the way you phrased the question to adsense. It seems you asked if you (a current adsense account holder) can now open a new account for a company. And the answer is that YOU may only have a single account.

What was not said is that the company, with you as it's representive, can sign up for its own account.

Usually, in the US, the company would have its own Tax ID number, and thus, google will treat it (the company) as a separate entity from all others.

Hope that helps.

browntwn, Sep 19, 2006 IP
    Icheb likes this.
  5. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that answer! After reading your reply I think I know where that misunderstanding came from and I sent the guy a mail trying to clarify the situation. I'll post here again once I received an answer.

Icheb, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  6. currenz

currenz Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone who owns a non-us based company get an AdSense account for company? Thanks

currenz, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  7. dageek

dageek Guest

Best Answers:
    Currenz, Yes but I dont have multiple companies.
    Though i expect it works the same way as the US.

You need a different tax id for each one, so its legally a different company.

As ever though, adsense support is definitive

Neil

dageek, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  8. azn3oi1

azn3oi1 Peon

Best Answers:
    When you guys say multiple Company do you mean, making it an (in)corporate company. Meaning it is classified as its own entity? Because my curiosity is about starting multiple businesses using a DBA (Doing Business As is). Normally taxes on corporations (plus filing taxes) are double the cost for an individual filing taxes.

Anyone have real experience with multiple company names also want to comment?

azn3oi1, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  9. BFTUK

BFTUK Banned

Best Answers:
    I have a personal account with adsense, i am also the the owner of a company who has an adsense account. I'm based in the UK.

BFTUK, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A DBA is not a separate entitity, it is merely a different name for an existing entity. Therefore, it would be a violation of google TOS to try and get one account under your name and another under a DBA. That would be a single entity with 2 accounts.

browntwn, Sep 24, 2006 IP