1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is it possible to get mass traffic for only 1 cent per a click?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by cpa-money, Jun 23, 2010.

hello,

i have cpa offers that i like to promote on google adwords.

i get between 1.00$ to 11.00$ for each offer.

i wonder if i can get lots of traffic if i put a bid of only 1 cent. most of the offers are not competitive.

cpa-money, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not easily. The 1 cent click is mostly mythical.
    You can get low cost clicks by targeting long-tails - but you'll need LOTS of them to make that strategy work.
    Content network tends to be cheaper than search, and RELEVANCY of keyword to landing page helps keep cost down.

magda, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  3. toolsmith

toolsmith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible but like magda said you'll need lots (literally several thousand at a minimum) of keywords to start. You'll also have better luck on the content network using image ads. It's a great way to drive alot of traffic to your site but unfortunately it's traffic that probably won't convert very well so I guess it depends on what you're objective is.

-Paul

toolsmith, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  4. promisem

promisem Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you have to get a 10/10 Quality Score on those keywords to have any decent chance of bidding 1 cent per click. Otherwise, Google will probably push you off to the second page of the search results, if not lower, and you'll see very few clicks.

Even if you get a 10/10 and are allowed to bid 1 cent, Google will push you below anyone who is bidding 2 cents or higher.

promisem, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  5. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can bid one or two cents but as Magda says, the one-cent click is mostly a myth.

Look at it this way. Position is based on your bid times your QS on the search network. For argument, let's say you do have a QS=10. Therefore, one times ten is 10. A competitor may have a QS of only 7 but bids five cents. His ad rank calculation is 35. There are surely not just two of you and many surely bid higher. So unless they have lower QS and all bid one cent, your ad is very likely showing far back. You may be fine with that but few people go pass the first page, much less the second and third. You would show for a very small percentage of searches.

Long tails don't help much either. You may be bidding on "where to get super duper round plastic widgets" but you are still competing with those bidding simply on "round plastic widgets". You get a bit of juice for having a more precise keyword matching the search but it's debatable how much.

On the content network, long tails are useless. Google works on themes. Again, you surely are not the only one using the same theme. On the CN, there is no QS so you can't gauge how you're doing against competitors. You just have your own CTR to go on. And most surely most are bidding more than one cent. Unless you super target precisely and get an astronomical CTR on the CN, you won't pay just one cent.

PPC is market driven. If advertisers feel and are willing to pay a certain amount, that's what it is. You can bid less but don't expect mass traffic. Like SEO, you want to be near the top.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jun 23, 2010 IP
    TekPro likes this.
  6. Dalyinx

Dalyinx Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it'll be very difficult to get "mass" traffic for one cent a click. I think you can get decent traffic for under 5 cents, though. Then again, you'll need a ton of keywords like everyone above me said.

Dalyinx, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  7. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not likely on adwords

ChrisBa, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  8. henry71

henry71 Peon

Best Answers:
    yup you can try this on other ad networks many of them will allow you to bid for 1 cent specially the new ones ..

henry71, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  9. ciskuldeep

ciskuldeep Peon

Best Answers:
    I think getting good number of traffic in 1 cent is not a good idea... what if you put bid of some more cents

ciskuldeep, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  10. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    It's not that Google doesn't allow a one cent bid. They do. Just don't expect much traffic bidding that low. Same on any other ad network.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  11. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    you can buy dirt cheap generic traffic instead of bidding on high-paying keywords related to your offer
    $15/10000 visits = 0.15 cents

atxsurf, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  12. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it is easy, but the thing is, they are not our targetted traffics, they just click for money, and not because they want to visit your site.

KimiGermany, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  13. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    you are correct, however you get 50 visits non-targeted instead of 1 targeted.
    Actually the adwords visits are not perfect either - people often click ads when they can not find what they looking for in natural search.
    For example I may google for absolutely free domain names, then find all "free" domains require paying for hosting, after that i click few ads claiming offering free domains - surely they do not offering what I am looking either. So often adwords visits is much bigger waist of money than you think.

atxsurf, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  14. moneymarketer

moneymarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    As everyone has said it will be difficult to get traffic in Adwords for just 1 cent, and even if you do you will probably receive general traffic rather than targeted, which may not convert well, and you will be wasting your money, even though it's 1 cent a click.

moneymarketer, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  15. designer2handbags

designer2handbags Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if you get a 10/10 and are allowed to bid 1 cent, Google will push you below anyone who is bidding 2 cents or higher.

designer2handbags, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  16. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Google's minimum bid is $.05

soniqhost.com, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  17. promisem

promisem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Soniqhost, Google's minimum bid is 5 cents for a QS of 7 or lower. If you get to a QS of 10, you can bid less than 5 cents.

promisem, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  18. Lucid Web Marketing

Best Answers:
    It used to be but not anymore, not for a few years. It has nothing to do with your QS.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  19. trafficguru

trafficguru Peon

Best Answers:
    You can if you target rare keywords and use other ad networks...

trafficguru, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  20. promisem

promisem Active Member

Best Answers:
    More than one fourth of my keywords have a QS of 10. I was not allowed to bid less than 5 cents on any of them until they moved from 7 to 10.

Even with all those 10s, I still can't bid less than 1 cent on anything with a QS of 7 or lower. If I try, Google bumps them off the first page and they don't get any impressions.

This is not my opinion. It's simply the way my account works. Maybe other accounts work differently.

promisem, Jun 25, 2010 IP