1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help to remove spam in the footer of wp home page

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by postme, Jun 22, 2010.

I have no idea how it got there and even less of an idea of how to get rid of it but when I do a view page source on the page there is a ton of spam in the footer and I can't get rid of it. I even removed the footer php in my theme editor but it still shows on the main page but not the others. Any Ideas?

postme, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  2. champion510

champion510 Member

Best Answers:
    Do you screen your comments? If not then I would advice that you should screen them..
    Also disallow members from posting comments if it's website.. to get rid of spam..
    Go through your admin panel in wordpress and that way you can get rid of lots of them.

champion510, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  3. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a possibility that someone hacked your site. I've seen people hack sites, add malicious code to the bottom of EACH page, and if you don't find and delete ALL the malicious code, it will just continue to replicate itself back on each page you erase it from. You might want to take a look at some of your code to see if you can find anything that doesn't belong. If so, you've been hacked and you need to remove ALL of it. If this is the case, I would also recommend reading up on how to secure your FTP.

Firegirl, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  4. postme

postme Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate all your comments I have my web host working on it now. If you go to www.infotrucker.com and do a right click view page source and scroll all the way down past the footer you will see all the spam links. It only affects the main page.
    Thanks again for your replies.
    Doug

postme, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  5. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it only shows on your landing page, try searching through your index.php or home.php for the offending links.

mizaks, Jun 23, 2010 IP