1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm going to start SEO - What to do?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Plutonic, Jun 22, 2010.

I'm starting to learn more and more about SEO and I want to start dabbling in it.

I'm going to create a new site to test my SEO skills on, firstly I'd like to know what I should create:

Niche Site - Original content, never updates.
    Autoblog - Copied content, but updates daily.
    Affiliate Site - Original content, never updates.

Or, any other suggestions about the type of site to make?

Thanks.

Plutonic, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  2. stephanrobert

stephanrobert Peon

Best Answers:
    You should develop a website which should not have copy content and you must update it on daily basis so that search crawlers crawl it on regular basis. This would make your website search engine friendly.

stephanrobert, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  3. seoservicesvs

seoservicesvs Member

Best Answers:
    you can take any Niche Site, Autoblog, Affiliate Site.

Make right meta and promote your site.

seoservicesvs, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  4. vijay.seo

vijay.seo Guest

Best Answers:
    If you want to do seo and you are new guy in SEO then instead of website you should create a blog and do SEO process on that blog.
    Easy to learn and not expensive.

vijay.seo, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  5. link_crawler

link_crawler Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are new in this field then, you should get a niche blog (the one you like) ... start building it... go to SN sites, do SB... and write unique content, doesn't matter you update it on daily basis or 3 times a week ... what matter most is your content quality ...
    Read articles how to promote your blog... sign in to various web based online tools for ex. Google Analytic..
    If no budget problem, then try PPC program, you will get a great deal of knowledge about marketing and stuffs..
    Try link exchange, one of the most important factor in SEO field...

that's it for now... it is enough ... :D ..

link_crawler, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  6. Plutonic

Plutonic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all so much for the information.

What's the SEO viewpoint on spun or rewritten content? If it passes CopyScape does it mean it'll be good for search engines?

Plutonic, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  7. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's alot of people out there that try spinning, and if you do a good enough job, it can pass copyscape, and Google will index it, but here's the thing.

If you use spun content, then it is very likely to not be very readable to PEOPLE. And it's PEOPLE who should be your targeted audience. It's PEOPLE that you want to try to get to link to you, and it's PEOPLE that make your site more popular, and therefore have more traffic. Yes, search engines can be fooled into thinking that your site has some value, and they may rank your site highly for a time. But you won't get any repeat visitors, and no one will purposefully link to you, both of which make a site MUCH more difficult to promote. not to mention that your bounce rate is likely to be high, therby causing your ranking to eventually suffer anyways.

In the end, it's always going to be better to either write your own original content, or at the very least, completely re-write old content making it unique and original.

selectsplat, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  8. Sara Dalton

Sara Dalton Peon

Best Answers:
    you should create a website with unique content rather than replicating the content. personally, i would suggest you to set up a blog. if it's a blog with great content then you are expected to get high traffic on it.

hope this helps.

Sara Dalton, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  9. Rituja

Rituja Peon

Best Answers:
    Great well Come to seo industry, for knowing seo start reading seo related PDF doc. & watch "MATT CUTTS" latest seo learning video & Blogs on Google

Rituja, Jun 22, 2010 IP