1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need advice

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by wild2one2003, Jun 20, 2010.

Hi.. I just got a website with a .in ( indy) site which is doing pretty well with high volume of traffic. I found the .net and the .com version of the domain but they are taken. The .net version you can tell the business is cybersquating the domain with a niche that has nothing to do with domain and the .com looks like its doing crap... Webvalue for .com was $300 and low low traffic. Should I try getting my host company agents to try to deal with them and grab them? and or should i forget it. Then I have to see about redirecting it to the .com but don't want to lose any value of the .in(indy) any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

wild2one2003, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  2. WSynd

WSynd Peon

Best Answers:
    If your .in has a good volume of traffic and the .com has not, the worst that could be happening is that you're losing one or another visitor to them. If their traffic is low, then there shouldn't be many doing that, though. Going after the com domain is very much a matter of your personal preference, IMO... if they ask for unreasonable top dollar, it may simply not be worth it for you.

If you do decide to get it, I don't see a 301 redirect causing you to lose much value at all, on your .in.

WSynd, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  3. wild2one2003

wild2one2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the advice

4. grina

grina Member

Best Answers:
    The only way they are cybersquatting is if they own the domain and it is trademarked by someone else. Otherwise they are investing in the potential of a name.

grina, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  5. wild2one2003

wild2one2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    point taken, but i wasnt really meaning more then they are not really doing anything with it and value is like 200 dollars at most.. they just threw up a template and sitting thier like you said probably just parking it. so I was just asking if worth going after.. trying to see which one will be easier to get .. thanks for reply

6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not about what you believe regarding such domain, but about what the owner wants.

The domain might worth $200 but the owner may believe it's worth $2,000 or simply refuse to sell it, but the only way you know if he is willing to sell and for how much is getting in touch with him.

Mystique, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  7. crazybird

crazybird Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can continue your in domain. You should know that the traffic is important than the domain itself.

crazybird, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  8. Kass

Kass Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're trying to build a brand with your .in website, you should register .com and .net extensions.

Kass, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  9. wild2one2003

wild2one2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    what if i cant get them..should i get a .com with a minor change in the domain? is a .org decent enough if can get for cheap. i see that for sale by somebuddy...

wild2one2003, Jun 21, 2010 IP