1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many time I need to wait for see my site listed????

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by cristovideos, Jun 20, 2010.

I submit my site several times but nothing,My site is PR3, is a christian site.My question is how mant time I need to wait? one year ago I started to submit my site but nothing.

cristovideos, Jun 20, 2010 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you read the guidelines? You do realize it says to only submit once (though twice generally will not hurt)
    Did you submit it to a CHRISTIAN category? I mean, if you went around sending it to Satanism categories in hopes they would put in an "opposing views" counter category, you are likely never ever to make it.
    PR three ya say? WOW, bet ya worked hard on that... it's likely more then the PR of the cat you are submitting too...ya sure ya want it listed?
    You should likely wait another year before trying to submit again... though Maybe Revr could help ya?

Qryztufre, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  3. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it, DMOZ links have stopped mattering for anything like, about 8 years ago. Time to refresh those SEO notions!

helleborine, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  4. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Re-suggesting can be counter productive in the way it makes the site look recently suggested. On top of that you could have been banned for spamming, as Q says, guidelines say submit only once.

It can take from a few days to a few years for a site to be reviewed for a possible listing.

There is nothing more you can do about getting it used in DMOZ, you have suggested it now forget it and one day you may come back and find it listed.

Anonymously, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  5. rockleeman

rockleeman Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no SEO without DMOZ!!!

Before i give advice i have to say PR3 for a christian site that's incredibly good...wow where else did you send it?

But ye i've yet to be accepted by DMOZ i submitted mines like in February...
    i think the have tools that does automatic checks to see which url's have been sent multiple times so like the posts above me; you're probably banned

rockleeman, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  6. Mike_slough

Mike_slough Peon

Best Answers:
    My site have pr 4 but i submit my site in many times in Dmoz but my site not index in dmoz.What i do?

Mike_slough, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    STOP TRYING! Seriously, their rules say to submit ONCE not many times! Besides, some editors do not bother with the submission system at all and find their sites through other means. Promote your site outside of DMOZ and if you get an ODP link, then great! If ya don't then it's still pretty great, you have other links that are likely more important all over the place!

Qryztufre, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  8. fatimali1

fatimali1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the site. If you have a true site with real business, you have more chances to get approved quickly. Also it depends on the editor and number of sites that editor has in queue to process.

fatimali1, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  9. Mike_slough

Mike_slough Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to nice reply.

Mike_slough, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  10. cristovideos

cristovideos Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for help me.God bless you.

cristovideos, Jun 23, 2010 IP