1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Ridicuolus Infraction

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by pcarlow, Jun 19, 2010.

Someone dug up an old post (almost 2 months old) and gave me an infraction for it. My feedback: What a load of BS! I guess I get another infraction now for complaining...

pcarlow, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So, you think we need a statute of limitations? If you get away with it for x months then it must be ok?

sarahk, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  3. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's not the point. People "break the rules" by making the same mistake I did (asking for more information in a sell thread) every single day:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1843174

Why pull up a 2 month old post and give me an infraction for something that is going on right under their noses this very single moment...

pcarlow, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  4. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @pcarlow... Posting "PM me details" is against the rules.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_rules_replying

bk871, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We get reports on threads that are years old because a member has done a search, ended up somewhere and thought "that's not right" but not checked the date. It is then at our discretion what action we take.

The mod might also have started on a bad post made today but on reviewing the posting history have found the thread in question and decided to give it a tidy up.

sarahk, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  6. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was considering becoming a paid member at this site, but if this is the totalitarian attitude that people are going to take around here then I don't want to be a part of it. May I please remind the mods that there are human beings on the other side of the screen with feelings. Being "infracted" for a common and simple innocent mistake, made that far in the past isn't reasonable. Stop being the forum police for a minute and think about whether the original intent of your visitor was made in good faith.

pcarlow, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  7. dropcatchsell

dropcatchsell Active Member

Best Answers:
    The mods on DP will piss away time dealing with minor infractions while all manner of BS goes on.

Want to leave a fake iTrader rating? Go right ahead. Just don't bump a thread, especially in a WTS thread that doesn't bump anyhow.

Worse, the mods seem to fail to be embarrassed by any of this.

dropcatchsell, Jun 19, 2010 IP
    pcarlow likes this.
  8. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did receive an infraction for posting that I have sent a PM to post creator when actually the guy did as to receive a PM, but it's ok, I accept that replying to post by publicly admitting that I might be interested is not acceptable.

Next time instead of "I have sent you a PM" I will post: "dear sir, could you please check you PM box as I have sent you an idea about your post that might give you some interest"

IG2010, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Because you think either of those options add to the thread or you just haven't twigged that the forum software notifies the user when they receive a private message?

sarahk, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  10. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I always take the notifications of as it is blocked by my popup blocker anyway and so some people, but this is even more ridiculous.

This is what I just get but read my message, I have put some bold lines

SO even when you don't know if you do good and anyway ask moderation, you receive a warning, absolutly ridiculous.

I was thinking of becoming a paid member and verified in order to make some deals with a safe point of view from users and I really think that this would be a waste of investment

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    IG2010, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  11. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find it quite pathetic that you guys do something wrong (which is stated in the rules) and can't seem to take the consequences. If you break the rules no matter what how long it's been or how stupid the rule then just be an adult (or child, teen, whatever you are) and take the responsibility for your actions. I also find it funny that because you received an infraction you all mention "I was going to become a paid member, but now no" what do you think by saying that your infraction will be removed? Grow up... If you really wanted to become a paid member you would have already done it by now ;)

Stingerftw, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  12. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Becoming a PAID member after just a few days, no drive testing? I have got a good business plan for you, lend me $600 right now and I ll tell you later what it is... are you just posting to make yourself look like a good and devoted member. I find quite pathetic members who make critics to others with no valid ground but to praise themselves

IG2010, Jun 20, 2010 IP
    pcarlow likes this.
  13. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    @pcarlow,
    I didn't read your post but don't let it bother you. Most "infractions" here are not infractions at all and you may get one for something you did while others do the same and get no such charge. I modded a professional forum for years and just don't find DP's system very credible and generally ignore it. Not that I'm saying go crazy and do/say anything you want but just don't let it bother you. Nobody notices. Nobody cares.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 20, 2010 IP
    pcarlow likes this.
  14. dropcatchsell

dropcatchsell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ain't that the truth.

That's the beauty of DP: it's pure Wild West with a dash of pointless authoritarianism thrown in for . . . really I don't know why. They knowingly allow outright crimes to be facilitated on their forum, but hey ya better not post something in the wrong thread.

DP: ridiculous is such a limiting term.

dropcatchsell, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  15. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Don’t you believe that 1-year is more than enough for people to change their old ways,
    regret what they have done and generally rehabilitate themselves?

I know that some people may change their minds about what they said or did 1 year ago
    and wouldn’t do the same today but for you to give infraction for something they did or said then
    is like to dig out old corps, shot it again and then bury it back at the times when fresh zombies
    swarmed all over DP is sort off defeating the purpose.
    Don’t you think so?

;)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  16. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @FR

It makes sense what Sarah is saying.

bk871, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  17. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think this discussion is useless. It is sure that you will get punishment if you break the rule. Posting "PM Sent" or etc.. is breaking the rule and infraction is it's punishment. It is as simple as that but some idiotic noobs still think that if the post is 1 year ago then they should not get infraction, why? Just let me give you a simple example, If someone does a murder and police (Cops) catches it after 3 years then they will surely punish criminal they won't think that it 3 years old and the criminal might not do it again, or anything like that. So, why this discussion???

Serious Workers, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  18. fancymouj

fancymouj Peon

Best Answers:
    You are really a serious worker ..:p

fancymouj, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You were given a "yellow" or warning infraction. That's no different to being sent a private message after an action was taken. You knew your thread would require moderation so when it happened you were advised.

We have a system in place to make that easier for the mods both at the time the infraction is given and later if another mod reviews the action. We wouldn't have that information if a private message was sent.

The mods don't get paid so your becoming a premium member or not is of no relevance to us.

And as for the endless gripes about "pm me" and "pm sent" infractions. Back in the bad old days we'd have many, many threads where an amazing deal would be offered and buried amongst 13 pages of "pm me the info" posts would be feedback posts warning of non-delivery or a scam. But because users didn't read all 13 pages the warnings would be lost. Nowadays, the feedback isn't missed so easily.

sarahk, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  20. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You mean like the one who has joined forum in Apr, 2010 and have no idea that 1 year ago
    it wasn't offense and that rules changed since then and now 1 year later it's became one?

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jun 20, 2010 IP