1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Plateau: So, You Know How To Make Money, But Now You're Not Making More of It

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ttomp13, Jun 19, 2010.

Let's say you have a site that makes $10.00 per day / $300 per month. After
    sometime, you'll probably begin thinking, "$300.00 a month is great, but how do I make
    more?"

If you're looking to make more money after plateauing, you're going to quickly run into
    a brick wall, unless you avoid these mistakes.

You see, for some reason, a lot of us get to a certain point in our online career that
    we just can't seem to get by
    . I've been there. To be honest, I am kind of there right
    now.

Now that I look at the situation, the reason I was so successful with my first few sites, was
    because I was only running those sites, ONE site at a time.

For whatever reason, it seems that managing more than one site at a time will result
    in ultimate failure. [Common sense, really. But we try to run more sites so we can
    make more money, more quickly. Usually, just makes one big mess...
    ]

If you haven't already gotten to the point to where you're saying, "I want more
    money," then with hard work, you will begin to get to that point. But when you
    get there, for whatever reason, you may begin to look for shortcuts / build to many
    sites at a time. [For some of us, this may work. But for most of us, we'll just go
    crazy.]

When I first started Blogging, I was only doing 1 post a day, and making around $1.00
    a day, on a small niche. Cool... 5 minutes of work = $30.00 per month... not bad. But
    then I thought, "What if I could repeat this process 20 times?"

So after blogging for sometime, I began to times my workload by 10... Guess what?
    Instead of working consistently, I began to skip work days, because my workload was
    too heavy. And although my sites contents were unique, they were quickly thrown
    together.

I guess what I am trying to say is to pass your AdSense plateau, you need to get
    back to the basics.
    Don't make things harder than they have to be. Only run 2 - 3
    sites at a time.
    (If you can manage more, congratulations.) At the end of the day,
    working every day consistently, is better than working 1 day out of the week, because
    of a major workload. Make it manageable, stop looking for shortcuts / mass producing sites,
    and the money will come.
    It did before, and this time around will be no different.

ttomp13, Jun 19, 2010 IP
    gauharjk and theprince like this.
  2. IraMann

IraMann Peon

Best Answers:
    All websites, adsense sites included, seem to hit plateaus from time to time. After a while it will break out and then move up to the next plateau. If you want your revenue to increase then try building more websites. Additional websites can make your monthly income grow, which after all, is way we do this....right?

Don't worry about the plateau, this to should pass.

Just My 2 cents,
    Ira Mann

IraMann, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  3. ttomp13

ttomp13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the comment, but I don't believe you read my post.
    I wasn't asking a question, I was making a point.

I know a lot of people that can get to making $5 - $10 a day with AdSense,
    and then they become "stuck."

When becoming "stuck" people will often look for shortcuts, attempt to build
    too many sites at once, or do both.

The point of this post way to get people back on track.
    If you make X amount of money a day with 1 site, there's no reason you can't
    make X amount of money a day with a 2nd and 3rd site.

Just remember to continue to have patience - don't try to do too much at once -
    and follow similar steps to which made your first site successful.

ttomp13, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  4. youtubeblogger

youtubeblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    i appreciate the advice, i am actually in the plateau you are talking about and i have been thinking about opening another site because of it, maybe i should just wait a little longer and just keep working on the one that i have.

youtubeblogger, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  5. ttomp13

ttomp13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you liked my post.

The need to open a new site is only necessary, if...
    (1) You've completed the current site and given all necessary information for it to be complete.
    (2) You're earnings have been steady for sometime and there is no room for earning improvement.
    (3) You just don't enjoy covering the niche anymore.

If your site has room for improvement...
    In the case that your current site has room for improvement, I wouldn't open a new site,
    unless you have time for a new site, and will still be able to keep up with your old site, as well.

Problems will arise when you begin working on too many projects...
    The problems will arise when you begin working on too many projects at once... Then, instead
    of having 1 or 2 good sites, you'll be stuck with a number of bad sites. (People who create new
    micro niche sites on a daily / weekly basis) aka the 4 slice toaster site...

Remember, our first sites are usually successful, because
    (1) We're only working on the one site.
    (2) We're passionate about the topic.
    (3) We can work on it every day.

When it comes down to it, I don't want to create cr** if there's a chance Google will deindex it later.
    Maybe I'm not a risk taker, but I am in this for the long run... definitely, the long run...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
    ttomp13, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  6. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you ttomp13 for this valuable information. I'll keep your advice in mind... :)

gauharjk, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  7. dbonline

dbonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree, less really is more when it comes to a situation like this. It's better to have a small amount of high quality sites which are updated frequently compared to a pile of junk sites that are not maintained properly and have no real long or even short term value.

dbonline, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  8. ttomp13

ttomp13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. And the problem is, people often develop the idea, "If I am making $2.00 a day off 1 site, what
    if I can build 20 more sites."

There's no problem with that mindset, but people will often develop that mindset, and then try to build
    all 20 sites at once, and that's where the problems begin. (I know it, because I have been there before.)

ttomp13, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  9. kaylatahzan

kaylatahzan Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for ttomp13, btw how to get the GA account? please help me

kaylatahzan, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  10. ttomp13

ttomp13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create a smaller Blogger.com website...
    Use a general template.
    Create 10 pages of unique content.
    Make sure the articles offer good information.
    Also, make sure your topic is appropriate for AdSense.
    Then, submit your site.

ttomp13, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  11. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are right and I agree with you, for most of us who are working online on a part time basis, in my case being a college student and a part time webmaster wouldn't let me enough time to work on multiple projects at the same time, I'm going to be lost! The only way is to create a company and hire people to work with you if you want a big real business that makes serious money!

It was a nice post and good information, Rep+ (Y)

theprince, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  12. kaylatahzan

kaylatahzan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I should try it, Thanks for TS.

kaylatahzan, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  13. solutionman

solutionman Peon

Best Answers:
    thank for your share, it 's nice idea, i will try it,

solutionman, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  14. Torchwood

Torchwood Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have the money you can buy low ranking websites rather cheaply and work on getting traffic to them. That's what I've been doing and it seems to be working out rather well. Building websites is something I do as well, but I find it easier to buy sites from people that don't want to take the time to work on backlinks and write unique content. Some of them are basically set and forget, while others require daily or weekly maintenance. I'm not getting rich at it, but I hope to get to the point where I can reinvest in more profitable sites and then buy even more sites that make a decent income.

Torchwood, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  15. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am the poster child for the issue you wrote about to start this topic.. i started with a trading blog and have worked on it and it gets about 5 to 10 dollars a day.. but then i made like 20 other sites blogs and html sites... which I might add are decent sites with quality niches, but i basically for many years became like a deer frozen looking at headlights because i did not know how to even start working on so many sites at once it was too overwhelming even to think about it.... so now i still have them and i guess i just need to PICK ONE and focus on it like laser beam... and i guess just let all the others stay stale until i start producing on the one or two that i focus on...

letsmakeamillion, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  16. imedia123

imedia123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. With over 20 sites/blogs, I realized I was dividing my time too much. I went back to my original site that was making good Adsense income and just increases the content. I don't think you can ever stop in any niche because there are new developments everyday. This has pushed my Adsense income exponentially on the original site.

imedia123, Jun 22, 2010 IP