1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ecommerce solution with product options

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by kmpoaquests, May 30, 2010.

I am building a website and I require a solution that allows high customizations for example when you go to hp or dell you can customize your product accordingly and each customization option can be from a pulldown menu or something like that and have maybe a picture on the side associated with the option

please no one mention magento ,
    The code was made by monkeys it's so freaking slow I can't even begin to complain (Yes I've cached and minified css and I even have my own dam server, I'm not paying for modules and 1000+ a year for support (If they didn't want to give code away for free then just charge people and don't d**k around) and the worst thing of all is the checkout process it is truly a nightmare , I've personally wasted $100 adsense money without one customer.)

If the solution includes ajax then it will be seriously helpful.

I'm trying to go for sexyness & designs while having the code be light and agile.
    So far the only option i found that offers this might be cs-cart

Thanks ! :cool:

kmpoaquests, May 30, 2010 IP
  2. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    You are right Megento is not good one to do such a process. I would like to recommed AJ Shopping cart script which having more user friendly facilities. Also it provides more customization options as your wish. you can try this quality script.

joelchrist, May 31, 2010 IP
  3. kmpoaquests

kmpoaquests Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply but this is what is just making me annoyed take a look at their checkout

http://gyazo.com/7f2ff4ab0797a18aaef99bc7416f5fd0.png

It's a clone of magneto as far as I can see and I don't think they offer high levels of product options and customizations similitude to the ones seen by dell or hp

kmpoaquests, May 31, 2010 IP
  4. CS-Cart

CS-Cart Peon

Best Answers:
    CS-Cart is AJAXified, has one-page checkout and flexible product options/customization, so we'd really appreciate if you could consider the product and share your opinion.

CS-Cart, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  5. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    My 2 cents: make sure whatever you go with has a very active support community.

I went through two cart options and found both to be a nightmare (OSCommerce and a module for Joomla).

usasportstraining, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  6. osdude

osdude Peon

Best Answers:
    aspdotnetstorefront

handles "kit products" very well and has excellent ajax implementation and runs much better than magento. THe initial investment is about $2.5K if you get source, but with source you can do almost anything

osdude, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  7. ecommerce-master

ecommerce-master Guest

Best Answers:
    Prestashop is a great shopping cart for this feature. You can have different features/hardware listed in a drop down menu. And each feature/hardware can have it's own price. So different combinations from the drop menu will result a different total price.

You can check out their demo at prestashop.com - if you need any help, PM me

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Need Advice on Starting Your E-Commerce Website? Click Below!
    startecommerce.blogspot.com

ecommerce-master, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  8. kmpoaquests

Best Answers:
    I just took a look at the backend of prestashop , it has improved a lot since the last time I saw it but it still lacks in what I need.

I will essentially need to be able to have a description and image of each customization option such as graphics card , processors etc etc etc since this is the important part of a computer e-commerce store.

I also took a look at interspire and cs cart but I'm sure there are better solutions out there that I'm un aware of.

Self-hosted only as I don't want to rely on anyone else.

kmpoaquests, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  9. milkdaddycool

milkdaddycool Member

Best Answers:
    hi, there! -- Please allow me the pleasure to do what I do best --- assist you with this very particular need you've expressed here. I'm not pulling any legs. Actually I just launched a Digital Downloads Vending Platform, which has the primary mission to do just that - (elevator pitch follows) "The Digital Downloads Shop Vending Platform was designed to accomodate start-up businesses, and entrepreneurs to painlessly begin to sell online. Listing your products is as easy as posting on a blog. Technical support is eager to assist you in customizing your online shop. "

the website is digitaldownloadsshop dot com slash platform there's more detailed info there ... just keep something in mind -- I know well there're some similar services out there... let's be clear: I'm a professional web-based solutions provider! My intend with building the platform robust yet agile to accomodate various requirements was to get a chance to contribute with all the experience and knowledge I've gathered in the field to as many as possible future success stories out there! Again: please allow me the pleasure to contribute to your success story. visit my site, look around, get in touch! can't wait to hear from you

milkdaddycool, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  10. tenemail

tenemail Member

Best Answers:
    Where seen as a free module solutions

tenemail, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  11. mrphp

mrphp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can try the latest interspire shopping cart. I just provided a demo here

admin url: here
    username: demo
    password: demo

for "products options" that you're looking at, interspire has a "product variations" which is the same of "product options" to other shopping carts.

If you need help, just hit me up. I'm quite expert in this cart.

Regards,
    Mark

mrphp, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  12. kmpoaquests

Best Answers:
    Interspire seemed attractive but it does not allow you to set in a simple manner, Interspire essentially forces you to set each option's cost and for a store such as computer customization this is a pure nightmare.

It requires you set prices for every single possible combo. For Example

So if I had 5 CPU options , 4 motherboard options , 7 memory choices. It would be 5x4x7=140 manual prices which is too time consuming.

The amount of combinations I would essentially have would go over 1000+ easily.

In addition if I were to go back and change an option I have to re-select every option.

But another significant point that is missing is that option prices are not showing and option descriptions are lacking.

kmpoaquests, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  13. mrphp

mrphp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope it doesnt force you to set option cost. just set it to "no change" on the variation price.
    so that you dont have to do this "It would be 5x4x7=140 manual prices which is too time consuming."

I've been using this system to my clients and my personal business and it works perfectly fine.

Have a try to this demo

admin url: here
    username: demo
    password: demo

If you need assistance for your store, just hit me up.This Shopping cart is your perfect choice.

mrphp, Aug 2, 2010 IP