1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the response like to Moneybookers Payment options on websites instead of PAYPAL

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by devil_wears_pink, Jun 18, 2010.

I am thinking about boycotting Paypal all together. There is absolutely no seller protection especially when it comes to virtual items and credit card chargebacks. I am thinking about only using MoneyBookers for payment.

Anyone have any experience with this and what is the response generally like? I know I will probably lose a few customers here and there because they will want Paypal.

devil_wears_pink, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They don't allow US buyers or sellers so if your customers are US based, it's a no-go. Also, as a buyer, why would I sacrifice the protection that my credit card or paypal gives me. I don't have a good answer for the chargebacks on digital products. Maybe try giving a 100% satisfaction policy. At least it's a proactive approach to the situation.

jestep, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  3. Scorpion2010

Scorpion2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    MoneyBookers is not Dangerous
    PayPal is dangerous
    they limit account without any notice
    but is also a good Payment Processor

Scorpion2010, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  4. devil_wears_pink

devil_wears_pink Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't allow US buyers and sellers? WTF? How come?

devil_wears_pink, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Something to do with anti-gambling/money-laundering laws that the US gov't passed. Basically once congress banned online poker and gambling, they also passed laws that made it illegal for any US company to handle transactions that are related to these. Instead of deal with the bureaucratic BS, which this law was completely ridiculous, moneybookers just said fine, no US customer.

jestep, Jun 19, 2010 IP
    devil_wears_pink likes this.
  6. devil_wears_pink

devil_wears_pink Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you for answering that. That is absolute bs!

devil_wears_pink, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  7. NEET-Amanda

NEET-Amanda Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought that limit if for any form of payment to fund your online gambling account. They still accepting payment US country eg for online services business. In fact they do have protect you for any form of online services you have. Compared with PayPal I do suggest that you go for MB instead. PayPal not only s**ks but is also the biggest scaming company you will ever face in your life. They already know most of ppl using thier services for online services. However they still not doing anything about it as they know they will gain something from it.

NEET-Amanda, Jun 24, 2010 IP