1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Important ebook website design question

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by momonari, Jun 18, 2010.

Hey all,
    I have a question about ebook websites. Everyone and their mother seems to make a one page gazillion paragraph sales pitch page.

Has anyone compared and seen if this actually works better than a multi-page website with sales pitch + content pages for natural traffic? In terms of overall revenue.

I imagine that adding content pages would be better for SEO and traffic, but the downside is it would be difficult to publish content without removing value from buying your ebook.

On the other hand, making only one sales pitch page should be quicker than adding content.

If anyone has some experience with ebooks and tried different things, I would really appreciate your feedback. I want to start publishing many ebooks so I'd prefer getting it right the first time.

Thanks!

momonari, Jun 18, 2010 IP
    drwhitefield likes this.
  2. Peeps66

Peeps66 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've started doing what I call Teaser Versions. This is where I create a pdf with just the first section but showing all the bookmarks and Table of Contents. I believe a lot of people are put off buying because they don't know what they're getting. With the Teaser Version they couldn't have a better idea unless they had the full version

Peeps

Peeps66, Jun 18, 2010 IP
    drwhitefield likes this.
  3. ceelouisdhon

ceelouisdhon Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitly what he said

ceelouisdhon, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  4. drwhitefield

drwhitefield Peon

Best Answers:
    Throwing a lot of mud at the wall and hoping something sticks is not a good idea in this day and age. Focus your ebook on one subject and provide (any number of) links that dig deeper in the same subject

drwhitefield, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  5. drwhitefield

drwhitefield Peon

Best Answers:
    drwhitefield, Jun 30, 2010 IP