1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense via Adserver - what is allowed?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by DaStarBuG, Jun 18, 2010.

Hi

I never spend a thought about Adsense beeing delivered via an Adserver untill yesterday where my direct advertising marketer approached me with this question.

In which cases could the delivery of Adsense Ads via an adserver be not compliant with Google Adsense TOS?

1) I used OpenX as adserver which simply passed the adsense code into the html source during delivery - I think that is OK
    2) Enabling the option "Alter HTML to enable click tracking for: Google Adsense" with OpenX - Not so sure
    3) Delivering Adsense via Javascript Ad Tag (doubleclick ad server) that does not pass the adsense code into the html source - Not so sure

Anyone with experience about that?

StarBuG

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    DaStarBuG, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  2. biz-directory.eu

biz-directory.eu Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using OpenX to deliver adsense for, say, 6 months now, and using your second option,
    , and haven't had a problem. I know they say not to alter the code but i don't know exactly what kind of alteration would this be.

biz-directory.eu, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  3. DaStarBuG

DaStarBuG Peon

Best Answers:
    Got an official response from Google Adsense:

Using doubleclick as adserver and thereby loading ads via the dc java script is within googles TOS
    (who would have guessed because doubleclick was bought by google)

However the email sounded like only with doubleclick it is ok.
    Other adservers that don't load the google adsense code into the html unchanged may not be ok.

StarBuG

DaStarBuG, Jun 22, 2010 IP