1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article/Ezine sites

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010.

Hello,

Recently it is happening more and more that my clients, order articles from me and ask me if I submit them to Article sites as well.

Up to now I always declined, as i did not offer this service, but as demand clearly is growing, I am looking into expanding in that area.

Now, to be clear, until now, when I only saw the mention of article sites, it only sparked one response from me, which was: RUN in the other direction :D

It simply made no sense to me to submit articles there for free. Of course I see the marketing potential, but that was not the business I am in, as a sample portfolio, well looking at some articles on some of those sites, I did not want to be associated with that. In short I never gave them much consideration.

Now this is changing, and would like to to know from all of you that do use them, which are the article sites worth submitting to?

I already know articlesbase.com, and even recently created an account there :)

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticles, at one time used to be the one-stop site for submitting high quality marketing/backlink articles. Now, it has become more of a dumpyard with sad articles(to say the least) surfacing everywhere. In fact I have seen some of my friends rewriting the SAME article at least a 50+ times and submit it to ezine over the whole year!!!!!

However, there is a good enough market for EZA articles and inspite of the fact that EZA dropped from PR7 to PR6 recently it gets decent rankings for the right keywords/well written article. A big part of my earnings come from EZA articles and though most of them don't involve much creativity (read $5-$7.5/500w), I get regular request for EZA in a higher price range and they are a good way of keeping up regular income. Articlebase is now a top choice for submission still EZA is better known. The articles provide a valuable back-link, quick indexing of new sites/blogs and high rankings(a well written EZA can give valuable leads...).

Marketers also need submissions to more sites, but I make it a point to never offer (or accept request ) to submit to more than 1 site. The primary reason is that I am a writer and can't waste my energy submitting and that these submissions are provided by companies at dirt-low rates(something I will not be able to do for the client).

Other sites that people submit to are like goarticles.com, articlesnatch.com and several (100s) such.....

Hope this helps.

WebBuddy, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it helps a lot actually! I am looking at it, because I am working on an all in one SEO package I will be offering very soon, and article marketing may be a good part of the package :)

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  4. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I currently only submit my articles to EZA. But, after reading this post I am creating an account on articlebase.com and will be using their service. But, I have to also agree that the backlink from EZA is invaluable.

gvannorman, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  5. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    East or west Ezinearticle site is the best.

kittyluver, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  6. asejm3

asejm3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think people are rewriting articles because all the idea is already in that previous articles thats why the copying is rampant in the internet.

asejm3, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PLUS one the lighter side, EZA gives out mugs and several other cute and lovely gifts if you qualify for any of their challenges.

WebBuddy, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Give me a few days, I am already working on a list of the top ten or twelve, and where the strength and weakness lie. I will be glad to share it. Yet me know if you also want the top ten list of where not to submit and why.This will not be self promotional, I want you to get value for you and your client. What Kraven is doing, its is excellent. Like it or not, view it as who controls, who. Since your client does not know, you step in and take over, and show them why. You are the expert, and people like working with experts. Build that trust factor!

That guiding is also worth a few bucks more, or a great way of getting repeat business.

dyadvisor, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  9. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome definitely interested! As for what sites not to submit to, any reasons in particular?

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  10. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think as a content writer one should be getting to go the extra distance and submit articles on behalf of clients. In this way they would know which articles are being accepted and which are not.

johagulo, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  11. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. Again not tying to show knowledge but help. One of them is articledashboard. I get to see behind the scenes. There is a chain of about 20 sites, that can come in and pick up an exact duplicate (not good) of an article that you submitted. Google could give you a really big frown. Another is actually a chain approaching 100 article sites, they all have exactly the same content, and most of the content favors the article site owners.

There are also a few that need to get a dishonorable mention because they never get around to issuing your article, but want your email address to sell you spinners, etc.

Then there are those that bought out 10 year old popular websites, and turned them into popular "looking" directories, with good stats, and poor limited content or promotion.

So if someone will benefit I will, otherwise I will just let them hit and miss. Let me know

dyadvisor, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  12. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent info. That I can use *takes notes* keep em coming!

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  13. victoryreds

victoryreds Peon

Best Answers:
    the only problem with ezine is that its getting harder and harder to get your articles accepted. sometimes its not even worth the effort. they seem to nitpick and the smallest things.

victoryreds, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  14. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point, However that is only one of the problems.

Let me relate it personally. Lets say like me you receive 300 higher quality article submissions. I have 3 choices: accept, edit, or deny. Lets says I can review 150 articles an hour, I personally use 2 choices accept or deny. All review go into deny.

It takes longer to put up an article for edit, than it does to review 20 others. Then you have to give a reason. Edits typically get the same delay stamp 3 times, enough though submitter is desperately trying to get an issue. After 30 to 180 days, maybe approve or reject is given.

This is just a game. Pull your article, put it at Articlesbase or somewhere comparable and get it issued. Edit means purgatory, or as an endless state of nowhere.

Hopefully that makes it a little more understandable.

dyadvisor, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  15. magicman85

magicman85 Peon

Best Answers:
    i stopped using ezinearticle.com they were giving me a hard time

magicman85, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  16. Kidijs

Kidijs Active Member

Best Answers:
    What?!?! I've written about 20-30 EA articles for various clients. I have never, ever had a bounced article. I've heard about issues with keyword saturation though - a friend of mine had an article pop back, because EA thought that 'beer' is a keyword.

Kidijs, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  17. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure "beer" is a keyword that triggers many people into action :D

Some even frequent here :D

Kraven2, Jun 18, 2010 IP