1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market a Coupon/Discount website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Jasonb, Jun 17, 2010.

I'm in the early stages of creating a coupon website www.geekcoupon.com aimed at tech users, webmaster coupons, mainly hosting, domain names .....

Whats the best way to market this type of site?

There are so many of them around.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jasonb, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  2. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well first of all you doing the right thing by posting in a Webmaster forum. Now its time to get some content for articles. Write about different hosting services like Godaddy and HostGator. There are others I know. But, you need to get forum posts and blogs comments with links back to your site. If everything is relevant and you use good keywords your good to go.

So, Article submission, forum posting and blog commenting are great ways to start.

gvannorman, Jun 17, 2010 IP
    Jasonb likes this.
  3. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the comments buddy. im going to start a blog and write articles, its just getting round to writing them but i agree that would be a great way of getting traffic to it.

Jasonb, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  4. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    gvannorman, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  5. duia

duia Peon

Best Answers:
    If the discount codes on your sites are really useful to help others save some estra money when they purchase products, you will attract hugh traffic sooner or later.
    Speaking of promoting your site, I think you can try Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites.

duia, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  6. toycat

toycat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    get lots of good coupon codes, post them for free, and word of mouth will do the rest

toycat, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  7. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well you could maybe advertise on few site specially if you are earning out of it..

Bohra, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  8. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I would also approach companies about getting exclusive coupons. Many will do it in trade for good marketing. It's kind of a catch 22 in a sense though because some might ignore for the sheer fact that you don't have much traffic and there is no point in wasting their time. :)

PHPGator, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  9. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog, article marketing, twitter, facebook, spread the word on forums (if it is appropriate), if you have the funds you could try a direct mail or email campaign, but you would need to carefully create a targeted list, or purchase one. PPC, SEO, all viable options, but read up on the countless discussions on them here before you spend money on anything, I'd start with the free options first.

Brice1088, Jun 18, 2010 IP