1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google traffic drops suddenly

Discussion in 'Google' started by xanth, Jun 17, 2010.

I can't explain exactly why but suddenly one month Google traffic dives about 8%. I've been looking through Analytics but can't really seem to determine exactly one thing as to why it's happening. I've been building up traffic in other areas of the site but need to continue to build traffic here. If you want to see the URL, it's here: http://tiny.cc/2k86l

I'm curious if others have seen this kind of behavior as well, where you'll just have a month where suddenly things change for reasons you cannot explain only to have things back to normal the following. Right now I am working on adding unique content on the site, adding about 3-4 new unique 1,000 word articles a week and soon to be supplemented by more. I know that I need some inbound link building services and other assistance (only so much you can do in a day) but this drop was annoying me and seems to come out of nowhere. Curious to know your experiences.

xanth, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  2. AidyUK

AidyUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi xanth. This sounds similar to what other people are talking about around the May update on Google which has curtailed a lot of long tail search for some websites. Basically, a lot of websites have seen a drop in longtail search potentially due to Google limiting the ranking power that is passed to subpages from a homepage with good authority. Try searching on Google May Update - that should yield a more comprehensive explanation.

AidyUK, Jun 17, 2010 IP
    tattoos likes this.
  3. ProxyListings

ProxyListings Peon

Best Answers:
    same this happened to my websites too. anyone know how to boost it up again?

ProxyListings, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  4. zapragartiast

zapragartiast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many unique competition keywords, and you need to make more backlinks to your site, either from articles or from other sites.
    Currently traffic on my site slightly decreased, maybe because of competition for the keyword. . .

zapragartiast, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  5. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This has happens every time Google done major update. Some would be effected but many of them are not. Most of this happens because of devalued in factors but especially your backlinks and that is the most reason for a dropped in most websites.

That's why seo need consistency in link building because you will never know if your links would be devalued in one day soon.

Sxperm, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  6. darkdrgn2k

darkdrgn2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember, Google's philosophy is NOT to heir an SEO company or do your own SEO... its to "build a good site that people will like"

So dont go crying to them when SEO breaks. Their job IS to break it :-P But at the same time it generates so much money for THEM (all good SEO companies push SEM to, its instant results) that they dont go around telling you that.

Just have to continue working at it

darkdrgn2k, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about this month? If yes, then it might due to the worldcup
    It sames happen to my website which facing some drop this month

lifeplayer, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  8. Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that was a Mayday. Bigger sites get bigger traffic. Small and untrusted sites get 0 traffic...

Tony_Stark, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  9. xanth

xanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    My site has been around for many years and has some pretty good traffic - it's not small and untrusted. Now it's dropped quite a bit for one month. It's an unusually large drop. I know I need to help to create additional backlinks, etc. and have been looking for services. But that still doesn't explain the drop which is bizarre.

xanth, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  10. xanth

xanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've looked at the sites on the server - wow... some have dropped 15% or more over the past month. None of these are "untrusted" sites.

xanth, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  11. jbearnolimits

jbearnolimits Peon

Best Answers:
    Google did an update not long ago. It has done some funny things to traffic.

jbearnolimits, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  12. PSD Genie

PSD Genie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google's traffic is dropping because people cant afford the internet anymore plus the competition.

PSD Genie, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  13. srb4future

srb4future Peon

Best Answers:
    yes this has happened even to my site, I think google might have come up with a new algorithm this month.

srb4future, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  14. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    its might be happend, when u remove onpage stuff or stop working on your site for 15-20 days

newlogo, Oct 12, 2010 IP