1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion BST Forum of DP Should get Paid - Current condition is worst now..

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by akki313, Jun 17, 2010.

Hi!

I have been in this forum from more than 1.5 years now and used to online approximately 4-5 hours a day..

Including me many of the users have noticed that the quality of the DP's BST section is getting worst now a days.. There are thousands of duplicate threads out there.. Hundreds of the services which aren't even allowed in the DP..

No buyer is ready to take anybody's service because quality of the BST section is getting down..

Let me gone through current BST section (1st page of services forum)..

Thread 1 - Buyer asking for non allowed services

Thread 2 - It should be in freebies

Thread 3 - Non allowed services

Thread 4 - Should be in content creation

Thread 5 - Should be in content creation

I can find way too more such thread in services section (1st page of the forum) which are posted in wrong category..

I'm just asking that if the moderation of DP is not enough developed to take care of that section that why not make it like warrior forum.. Where user pay, mods review thread and activate it..

This would maintain the high quality as well as make moderation much easier...

I know many of the users will abuse this system but believe me it will increase the quality of DP like hell.. This system will prevent sellers to make duplicate threads and also non allowed services threads... Correct me if I'm wrong

Let me know what you guys think of it..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    akki313, Jun 17, 2010 IP
    bordello likes this.
  2. focused

focused Guest

Best Answers:
    how abt people who cant pay?

I think they should appoint one more moderator specifically for BST section who has more time to keep an eye on every thread.

focused, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  3. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't pay??

$15-20 is not a very big amount buddy.. And you are selling services hence you should get hell lots of money back in your bank account if your service is worth it..

I'm simply saying payment -> review procedure will simply prevents seller to create duplicate and non allowed services threads.. :)

akki313, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  4. arpitagarwal82

arpitagarwal82 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The best option for now is to report any such thread using report button.
    DP is a large forum and I think it is difficult for moderators to look into each and every thread.

arpitagarwal82, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  5. akki313

Best Answers:
    The point here is how much you can report? You can see a disallowed thread over again and agian on the services section within the time limit of 15 minutes..

And my experience says that 3 out of 10 reports are generally treated by the mods and rest are ignored (whatever the reason may be)..

Situation is getting worst now.. :)

That's an accuse I can say.. :p
    Many of the mods in DP do not even come online regularly. I can only see few regular online moderators... Admin should hire more mods that visits this forum regularly..

Running from the situation is not a solution :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    akki313, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  6. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shouldn’t thread 4 stay in freebies as its $2?

Just keep hitting the report button the mods will get to it.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Jun 17, 2010 IP
    bk871 likes this.
  7. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This topic has been discussed before and the final answer by the Mods was report the threads which are in-appropriate and they will be corrected. I think that is only the best way to work out this situation. If you make it paid then it will surely lose lot of DP member who are here just because of BST section.

Serious Workers, Jun 17, 2010 IP
    MarTh- and Brian1970 like this.
  8. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I go with Serious Workers, making it a paid only B/S/T would drive lots of members away.

I wouldn’t mind a paid premium member only section if it came with added benefits such as mediation. I know DP does it if both members are premium and ask but I mean a section for only premium members.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  9. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many members on DP. Not everyone would pay for BST sections.

nihangshah, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  10. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's why there are mods. See that little triangle with the ! mark in it? The mods spend a lot of their time going over those submissions.

If you think it should be paid-only, why not go somewhere else? Of course it's going to be crowded. Isn't that what a marketplace is like?

bk871, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  11. akki313

Best Answers:
    Don't you think if it loses some of the scammers due to paid membership then it will be good for the forum?

Why can't sellers pay a cheap price of $15-20 for reviewing and making their threads live in BST when they will get $XXXX of profit in return?

Mods are not able to handle such a big crowd (although they tried their best)..

I'm already in some other paid forums and the quality of marketplace their is just awesome.. And that's why I'm suggesting this to DP as well..
    I think that's why we have suggestion and feedback forum.. :)
    Overcrowded market has no value until it has no quality.. Hope you got my point now.. :)

akki313, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  12. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, I think scammers will be there as because they can easily pay $15 or $20 to scam some big amounts. But, there about 300+ members who are just here for BST sections like Link Sales, etc. And they do not post much around the forum and they will be only the ones who will be gone.

Serious Workers, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  13. roopajyothi

roopajyothi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oops!
    Good idea!
    But we need buyer potential too!

roopajyothi, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  14. akki313

Best Answers:
    You have a point.. but what about only services section to be paid.. Not link sales etc.. Because link sales and other forums are way too fine infront of services forum..

Buyer potential will automatically increases with the increase in quality of the forum.. :)

akki313, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  15. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree, the current state of DP is fine, whilst there are duplicate threads and misplaced threads as long as they get reported they get corrected. Making the BST section paid will only discourage potential sellers to move away and find another free marketplace (which one will be made from a complete copy of DP just free).

Stingerftw, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  16. noneed

noneed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup reporting those threads is your best bet for now,
    if you think the current mod panel is inadequate, how in the whole world would they be adequate enough to review the paid threads, it's one n all the same thing!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    noneed, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  17. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many members here cannot afford that.

Do you see how many sales threads get no replies? That means no sales, which means no profit, which means no money to PAY.

If you want to support the forum, that's what premium membership is for. If DP charged money, I'd say over 50% of the population here would vanish, and it would slowly die away.

bk871, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  18. SkullTraill

SkullTraill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I disagree. I can't afford it. You say we make many money from BST, but the max I have made is $50!

SkullTraill, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  19. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:

If the B/S/T were changed to a paid section and you can't afford it go somewhere else then. ;)

If you can't afford it doesn't mean others can't.

ChrisMiller, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  20. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I been here a lot longer than that and the DP BST quality hasn't been changed all that significantly. Reporting the thread is more effective than complaining about it.

Because this isn't warrior forum. One site should not have to mimic another simply because a few members like how it's done elsewhere. DP is DP and WF is WF. If you do like how WF does it then maybe you simply spend more time there. I assume though that you're here because DP is very active. And part of the reason it's active is because of it's free marketplace.

RectangleMan, Jun 18, 2010 IP