1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should the US declare Iraq and Afghanistan as new US territories?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by DubDubDubDot, Jun 16, 2010.

At this sorry stage of these wars, they owe us their natural resources IMO.

We can also build factories there and move our manufacturing out of China and into Iraq with an even lower cost workforce.

DubDubDubDot, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uh, dude, you are sounding like a Republican. I also noted your signature is rather racist. Do you have something against underprivileged Indian, Russian, Pakistani, and Asian programmers? Perhaps people should have to report what race they are before they can be hired. I bet you support the Arizona law as well, don't you.

Obamanation, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  3. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    There was a lot of money put into them so they should be

looking4vps, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  4. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will not be surprised to see them added as US territories, keeping in mind, the wealth and rich both the nations have
    I would be rather shocked if US has no intention of occupying those lands for ever

masterrio, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Technically, they may already be US territories.

If i remember correctly, the Supreme Court verdict that decided that prisoners in Guantanamo had the right of Habeus Corpus, ruled that even though Guantanamo was leased and not part of the United States, curiously the U.S. Constitution still applies, because it is under the control of the U.S. military. It is actually a very interesting decision to read.

If the U.S. Constitution applies, the argument can be made that it's a U.S. territory.

Good topic, DubDubDubDot!!!

Corwin, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  6. Brandon.Add.On

Brandon.Add.On Peon

Best Answers:
    More like slave nations where we use their people to work for us for no money until we are paid in full.

Brandon.Add.On, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  7. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a liberal that isn't afraid to agree with Republicans sometimes. Unfortunately this has become taboo in the current political climate in the US. You either accept everything from your party or you are a bad guy. An unwillingness to accept that the other side has some things right has harmed the country.

Overlooking that fact that someone who is underprivileged probably delivers lackluster quality work or they wouldn't be underprivileged, no, I don't have a problem with underprivileged programmers trying to make money online. But that isn't what my sig is about. I am an opponent of foreign outsourcing in general.

I do not live in Arizona, so there is nothing for me to oppose or support. If I lived there and expirenced first hand the positives and negatives of illegal immegration in that state, then I could give you an answer.

If the law came to my state I would probably be impartial to it. This is mostly based on my observations that illegal Mexicans here take jobs from Americans and that doing jobs unwanted by Americans is a myth -- or at least only part of the story since they pursue all types of jobs. Plus, they often send a chunk of their money back to Mexico to support family there. So not only is an American put out of work, but money is also taken out of the local economy.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
    DubDubDubDot, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  8. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm speechless.

Obamanation, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  9. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm speechless as well...Amazing...

Codythebest, Jun 19, 2010 IP