1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I like spam comments

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by joel8520, Jun 5, 2010.

I don't know if I'm the first person who had this idea but it just hit me. When people comment your blog with something meaningless that goes into the spam folder there may be a little bit of value to it after all. A lot of people are spamming a particular post because it is relevant to their site so they found a link in your niche for you. I delete their spam and go to their blog and give an example of how to write a good relevant comment and I get a free link without much work.

Are there any consequence or problems with this idea?

joel8520, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  2. jbearnolimits

jbearnolimits Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, I never heard of this before but you are right. They do the leg work for you. At the same time this is a double edge sword. If they keep spamming you may end up having those links from their site to yours devalued.

jbearnolimits, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  3. GeorgeKuipers

GeorgeKuipers Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you read the message of the topic starter carefully?

joel8520, nice idea actually. Do not forget that not all spammers find your blog based on the niche criteria. So I would recommend to check the niche first and only then posting your relevant comments.

GeorgeKuipers, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  4. joel8520

joel8520 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm probably not the first person to think of it but I'd like to think it's in original idea. That's exactly what I was wonder about, the value of they're links. I don't really care unless they actually hurt me. Most of them are 0 or 1 PR but with enough of them they could do you some good I would think.

I've noticed that and I weed through them when I choose which ones are worth commenting back on. Some are loosely relevant, some very closely and some not at all but for very little work on my part I can't complain too much :)

joel8520, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  5. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you must have eaten something to increase your IQ!
    I wonder why the idea never comes to me. I will try out the ideas.

scheng1, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  6. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a good idea.
    I wonder why the idea never comes to me. I will try out the ideas.

scheng1, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  7. blog4fun

blog4fun Active Member

Best Answers:
    SO that is the reason why you like spam comment. Well you can not stop by doing that, even some people use blog commenting software, and such software post same comment on different blogs. So how you stop them? Lol....

blog4fun, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  8. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    This won'te really work because THEY ARE SPAMMERS!!!!! There sites will be low quality, and have no quality inbound links. Links form their site might actually lower your search rankings.

joshvelco, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't comment on splogs. Getting backlinks from spammers is not a good idea at all. It's what Google call a "bad neighborhood".
    Since you're "wasting" time writing meaningful comments why don't you just comment on high quality, moderated blogs?

zexy, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  10. joel8520

joel8520 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't just blindly comment the links, I go to their page and read their content, if it looks like a waste of time I don't bother but I have had some blogs that look good and original who have commented on mine with something dumb like "nice post". They aren't all total spammers, I wouldn't make this my main link building technique but I think a few links from small grassroot new blogs would look good.

joel8520, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  11. Mansnow

Mansnow Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of the spammers that links to their blogs, often have a meaningfull and "real" blog. Their just spamming other blogs to increase their own traffic and amount of readers. There could be something in the OPs idea here.

Mansnow, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  12. Camarao

Camarao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never thought about your idea, I will start doing that. I get 10 ~ 50 SPAM comments daily and just deleted them so far. Cool ideal (I am laughing here). Take care! Lol !

Camarao, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  13. CrazyDictator

CrazyDictator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only problem with this is that google might penalize you for getting links through spammer sites.

CrazyDictator, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  14. Mansnow

Mansnow Peon

Best Answers:
    How would Google now? The spammer sites might be geniune blogs.

Mansnow, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  15. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. . . you get more garbage links to your blog. That time is much better spent writing good content or developing services that will bring you quality relevant links.

longcall911, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  16. iamhighstead

iamhighstead Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, spamming should be avoided as your site/s will just be penalized. You get traffic in expense of your site's value.

iamhighstead, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  17. iloveRP.com

iloveRP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you OP. You are giving me a good idea. But it can also be a waste of time when you go to their sites and you find nothing but link farms and spam contents. Owners of legitimate sites don't spam other sites.

iloveRP.com, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The spammers tend to have crappy sites though, so its not an effective strategy.

dcristo, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  19. azwan

azwan Peon

Best Answers:
    If the comment is relevant/related (no nice post type) and since the link they enter is a nofollow, i will accept. I will remove direct whatever link they put in the comments. It helps to make the post more unique. I've been doing this for a while, and i notice that some of the traffic that came in are based on the comments these spammers left.

:)

azwan, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  20. MixedBag

MixedBag Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never thought of that. I go through my spam comments daily because, not every comment caught, is spam. For some reason, one of my main sites, the url is blacklisted in Akismet. I'm still waiting for a reply from them 3 weeks later but, thats another story. But I found I'm not the only one who this has happened to. I do make legit comments, non spammy, relevant but, go in the spam folder :(. (and i hardly make comments so idk what happened so trying to work that one out). I'm really not liking the whole "every spam comment, is from a spammer/spammy site" as it's not true!

MixedBag, Jun 16, 2010 IP