1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Adword best for me?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by CB - Matt, Jun 13, 2010.

I am in the process of starting my business but with my budget I can probably pay for about 2 clicks a day (a 50$/month) budget. I target a global market and my site has a strong web presence.

I feel that this will help my company grow, even if I do earn 1 client per month. I was just curious if anyone else has any other methods they use to drive traffic. I don't want link exchanges unless they are relevant. I am just curious what I should do when I launch my business.

Should I stay away with adwords if I am only going to get 6-7 clicks a day? Should I wait until my budget grows and then use adwords?

CB - Matt, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  2. Hack-Tech

Hack-Tech Peon

Best Answers:
    You can Advertise your site on Social networking sites where a lot of people is.

Hack-Tech, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  3. huhupooint

huhupooint Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo also can bring cheap traffic.

huhupooint, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  4. signify_1

signify_1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're budget is really low your probably better off self teaching yourself basic SEO to implement on your site to at least get some organic web presence and probably for the time being promote your website offline cheaply.

signify_1, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  5. imperialDirectory

imperialDirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can only get 6 - 7 clicks per day it may not worth it. Depends on your business. The online retail clients that I work for receive approximately 1 sales from 60 ~ 120 clicks from Adwords.
    If you are spending $50 a month and assuming 2 clicks per day so its about $0.83 / click?. It maybe better if you can set your CPC lower so you can get more clicks from it since your budget will max out quick in a day anyways.

imperialDirectory, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  6. CB - Matt

CB - Matt Peon

Best Answers:
    I was under the impression that you could set a max amount of dollars to spend /day and /month am I wrong about this. Is it only /month? Because if it's only /month then yes the 50$ would go in a day.

I want to build my business slowly. If it goes to rapid I will lose control over it and may have to completely redo my infrastructure and who knows, start from scratch. So I don't want massive amounts of click through's I would like to expand by one or two clients/month.

CB - Matt, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  7. morfeas

morfeas Member

Best Answers:
    Matt run for SEO Optimization Will take a bit longer and maybe will cost more that 50$ that you pay now but after 3-4 months with professional optimization you will not even look at Advertising at google. (Well maybe you will do but at lower cost like 0.04 just to get a little more traffic for almost free).

For more info you can contact me

morfeas, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  8. imperialDirectory

imperialDirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    You can set per day in Google Adwords. You can even set which day in a week or even hour with Google Adwords.

imperialDirectory, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  9. mattpayne777

mattpayne777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    6 or 7 clicks a day is not worth it. You can however get cheap and targeted hits if you study long tail keywords...however even with that 6 or 7 clicks a day won't cut it.

mattpayne777, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  10. m112

m112 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    go for adwoards asap even with this budget
    you will get knowledge how to use adwords properly and then you will be able to increase budget

m112, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  11. venatoria

venatoria Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

The big advice for those who don't have or can't afford a big promotion budget (and even for ALL online businesses) is to focus on the usage of Social medias.
    Here are top reasons why Social medias are relevant, especially in your case:
    1- It's cost effective.
    2- It will help you engage more your clients and turn them more easily into clients and even loyal and recurrent client.
    3- It gives a more human face to your business which is great for your branding.

I recommend you get into FaceBook and create a page for your business and use that 50$/month budget to create a solid and targeted fan base that will grow you business in a viral and solid way.

To your success!

venatoria, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  12. fatalityxz

fatalityxz Peon

Best Answers:
    social networking is the best.

fatalityxz, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  13. azharvapiwalla

azharvapiwalla Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i m also a SEO Expert if you are getting 6-7 visit on your website its not good and u are think that from Google adwords if u get 2 visit a day and u hit 1 client so i will suggest you do organic SEO u can save 50 a month and publish your website on social networking site if you need any help from me hit me on PM

azharvapiwalla, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  14. Dovecam

Dovecam Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, CB-Matt,

I think the point from other people of giving up Google Adwords is right for your budget.

Recently I used Google Adwords but it is really non cost-effective, even beyond my original imagination. It cost me US$56.84 in just FOUR days but I got nothing, of course I got nearly 400 clicks but no any clients, even ONE.

So if you thought 2 clicks per day and earn 1 client per month, you may be optimistical about Adwords. At the beginning, it will be better doing by yourself than ads promotion, it is my opinion.

Dovecam, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  15. SDC

SDC Peon

Best Answers:
    These's no doubt that Adwords works but if this is you first attempt it may be worth learning a few of the basics.

If you have strong web presence already, assume this is organic search, then PPC would be a way for you to attract more clients but your daily budget would be very low at $50 pcm.

You could run a campaign for a few days per month at say a $10 a day limit. You would have to monitor it closely for the first little while. If you get your ads and landing pages right, $50 can easily attract 1 or 2 clients.

SDC, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  16. val321

val321 Peon

Best Answers:
    NO NO, you can set a daily limit for your campaign. if only a few click will move your business forward than by all meant try PPC, but try to optimize your website for maximum conversion. and GOOD LUCK

val321, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  17. naciketas

naciketas Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords left to itself is a very effective PPC. It is advisable for the beginners to spend time on the techniques of SEO rather than pouncing on PPCs. You have got to be slow in your approach.

naciketas, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  18. ez760

ez760 Peon

Best Answers:
    ez760, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  19. amk

amk Peon

Best Answers:
    with your low budget Its better if you enhance the SEO and your site link building....

amk, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  20. seto25

seto25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Select long-tail keywords
    2. Enchance SEO
    2. Put minimal Cost per Click - 0.10$. It will give you 500 visitors per month

seto25, Jun 21, 2010 IP