1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

zhi.net - stolen - i need to return this to real owners of that

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by themaster, Jun 14, 2010.

Yesterday, someone with an hacked account at namepros.com sold this domain (zhi.net) to me. Just after the transaction over, I realized that this domain a stolen one. I have contacted with seller but no luck. My money was gone. But now I want to give this domain to real owner.

Can anyone contact with them? At google cache it seems that, their contact number is: (USA) 1-888-427-7723, or elsewhere, +1+860+535+1715

Or anyone has a domaintools account to check whois history?

Btw,
    I did contact with to reverse that account change to previous owner. But I am not sure if that previous account is belong to real owners or not. So before godaddy take action to reverse this account change, we need to contact with real owners and push domain to their account.

All helps are appreciated.

Thanks.

themaster, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. themaster

themaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is returned to the owner.

themaster, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  3. 24788

24788 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know he hacked it?

24788, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  4. themaster

themaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean that user account who sold the domain to me or the domain name?
    If you ask for user account, he claimed that his account got hacked. Here you can find more details about that: http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/661562-g6u-com-stolen.html

If you mean domain name, when I checked the google cache for that domain, i saw that it was being used as a website of a company. That cache was for 12 days ago. And I asked the seller about this, He just stated that he caught it before dropping. But he couldn't explain how he got the domain before it's expired. Also you can see at above thread he sold many stolen domains to other users. I couldn't find any evidence to prove otherwise.

Also, when I contacted with Godaddy, I gave them the contact info for that company named ZHI. I think they contacted with them and got enough evidence to proof their ownership. So they returned the domain to them. You can check website now. It is same website at archive.org and google cache.

themaster, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  5. xofkalb

xofkalb Member

Best Answers:
    wow, thats crazy how people can just take names like that.

xofkalb, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  6. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Good on you for getting it back to the owner :)

alexispetrov, Jun 27, 2010 IP