1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling http://f0rums.com - start your own free forum hosting

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Nuno Brito, May 30, 2010.

Hello,

I'm receiving offers on a free forum site hosted at http://f0rums.com

[​IMG]

People can register their forums at the site for free and get really good domains like http://music.f0rums.com or http://ninja.f0rums.com amongst anything else that you want to use.

The forum software is based on myBB and the portal runs on wordpress. Alexa is around 370k and I don't run any ads inside the hosted forums so expect no revenue. The number of visitors is also short as I don't have much time to promote the forum.

I'm also not in a rush to rid of this project so I make no commitment to sell the site if the price is not attractive enough. Don't ask me for prices in my mind nor send me PM's, just bid away.

Do ask any questions you have, remember that three days start counting from right now and I won't be putting this site for sale so soon again if the offer is not interesting.

This type of site just grows on it's own without any effort.

Nuno Brito, May 30, 2010 IP
  2. samkak

samkak Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what minimum requirements are needed for the hosting?will it work with shared hosting?can the users choose to use their own custom domain?does it have any managing script like the ones for phpbb(phpbbhs)?

samkak, May 30, 2010 IP
  3. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    At there isn't much activity so you can run it off a shared server without issues.

It's hosted by the multiforum script for myBB that allows administration of the all the forums hosted at the domain.

Users can't choose their own domain at this moment, perhaps this feature can be added in the future but this is something that can also be done if they modify their A record on the nameserver to point onto the forum location.

4. samkak

samkak Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Will you provide the license for this "multiforum script for myBB"?

samkak, May 30, 2010 IP
  5. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yep. All included. Logotypes, files, DB and license.

6. bramcolm

bramcolm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I have a few questions about this auction:

1) Do you just create a brand new myBB forum when use signed up?
    2) If so, what kind of script do you use to automatically create new forum?
    3) Do you have scanning software running to check for illegal "things" on any forum?
    4) How do you handle theme and mod for each individual forums? Can you apply mod/theme to each forum without impacting others?
    5) Have you get any notice from forum.com about the similarity of f0rum.com?
    6) Will you be able to provide support post sale to make sure that things move along okay?
    7) What's your BIN price?
    8) Do you accept paypal?

bramcolm, May 30, 2010 IP
  7. samkak

samkak Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i did some research,the script that he is giving is MyBB Multiforums Mod,you can get more info about it here http://www.rusnakweb.com/mybbmultiforums.php

Its free.

So basically what you are bidding here for, is the domain.

samkak, May 30, 2010 IP
  8. bramcolm

bramcolm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Thanks Samkak! In that case it's really just about the domain... I just thought that there's some special coding provided as part of this auction.

I still have concern of my question #5. It's an interesting auction though. Let's see how it ends.

bramcolm, May 30, 2010 IP
  9. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sort of. The forum files are the same for all forums but a new database is created for each new forum. This way it is fairly simple to upgrade the forum software in a single place.

http://www.rusnakweb.com/mybbmultiforums.php

I acquired the premium membership that is also included on this package.

No checks are done. The dimension of this service didn't yet justified that measure.

At the moment it is not possible. Changing a theme will impact other themes. In the future it might be possible, the multiforum script author is quite solicit to feature requests.

It's a much different area of business, we could even use forums.net without legality issues as long as we don't act on the same area. Besides the fact that it's impossible to register "forums" as a distinctive company trade mark for obvious reasons.

Sure. People who do business with me rarely get disappointed. I will provide post sale support as needed, including hosting and transitioning.

I'll quote myself:
    Yes. I accept paypal, escrow or direct bank transfers from bank accounts in the US or Europe.

:)

10. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's closing, guess I'll keep it for a few more years then.

Nuno Brito, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  11. gamesmad

gamesmad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just wondering what sort of price you would be looking for to sell the domain?

gamesmad, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  12. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm looking for a price probably higher than what you can afford, my apologies.

As mentioned on my previous thread I'll just be developing the site further.

Nuno Brito, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  13. gamesmad

gamesmad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Whats the price? Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd rather keep it private.

Would you be interested in working with someone else? I am developing a multiforum system now, compatible with SMF, phpBB, myBB, and a bunch more forums.

gamesmad, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  14. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The price is not for disclosure at this moment, I'll just keep the service running as I'm nowhere in a rush to sell it.

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

I don't have time to develop this service at the moment and I've already received several proposals similar to yours that didn't went through (no offense intended), this happens mostly because it takes a lot of work and very little (if any) profit.

So, saying that you want to start a multiforum is easy. Actually devoting all your effort to make it happen without expecting any profit in the first few years is something far more interesting.

Nuno Brito, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  15. gamesmad

gamesmad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've been writing the script to do this for ages. First had the idea in 2006, went away from it, came back to it this year. I have thought of several ways of monetizing it very well. Drop me a PM if you want to talk more.

gamesmad, Jun 17, 2010 IP