1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is my marketing plan, What do you do?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by webspider20, Jun 15, 2010.

first off I have 5 sites that I am currently marketing and doing genaral link building for, this is what I do:

write 2 articles for each site daily
    do 10 backlinks daily
    post on facebook and twitter 3 times per week in order to draw awareness
    write 1 article for each site and put on 10 article directories per week
    10 blog directories per site per week

Is there anything that I should be doing here, it has worked for me before, but I want to do better than before.

What are you doing that works for you?

webspider20, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  2. wechito

wechito Peon

Best Answers:
    What about building a list?
    Maybe some video marketing can also help.

wechito, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  3. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest thing here is that most successful marketers are not going to give you their secret to success. They are however willing to help you along the way by improving your methods with more knowledge. The more you know the better you blog will be. I have my blog about blogging for money. What I have realized that it is time for me to start now and really put my personal experiences in my blog. I feel that the more personal the blog is the more it will interest your readers. After all they are the key to your success. If your audience finds you boring they are not going revisit your show (of course the show being your webpage or blog). I find it that people who relate to your situation might be able to learn from you experiences, even if they are not in your situation everyone loves reality shows.

Post your blog links I would love to take a look.

gvannorman, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  4. hendrick11

hendrick11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that Craigslist works. I put a neat joke in the Jokes forum with my link. I stay on the forum for a while to see the reaction to know when to put my link again.

hendrick11, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  5. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think 2-3 articles per week for each site is better, instead of 2 articles for each site everyday.

As for twitter, you should try to Tweet at least once a day, it doesn't have to be anything elaborate, or even about your site every time, but also make sure you don't go overboard. I try to tweet 2-4 times a day, sometimes a little more.

Brice1088, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  6. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    When it comes to marketing plans you need to really sit down and think about this question: What are people doing when they are looking to buy a product or service like mine? This will tell you where to invest your time and efforts in marketing.

If they are simply searching the web at Google/Yahoo, then perhaps PPC might be right for you.

If it is a service where they might attempt to do it on their own (web design / logo design) go to where people are looking for getting work done. These forums are a great place to start, but begin to look at other popular web design forums where people might be trying to learn. Expand your skills and become authoritative in a community somewhere.

Article marketing is good for people who are asking basic questions. If you're in a small niche where there isn't a lot of people who really know what their doing, that is good for article marketing and that type of thing.

Marketing plans are all about finding your target community and going to them, then bringing them back to you. It is not a hodge-podge of random stuff people do to market their products. Although your marketing plan may work, I don't know for sure because there are so many factors involved. You can test it out and see though, that's what marketing is all about. You stick to things that work for you and drop those things that aren't working.

PHPGator, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  7. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd listen to that ole gator if i was you.

8. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    I know that everyone won't share their exact marketing plan and I don't want them to. All I want is people to share what works for them.

Gator: Great tips with exact points.

I think this will help me a little more but I think it will also help others who are struggling to break into the top serps.

webspider20, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  9. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of joke are you placing? Where do you find your jokes or are you a joke machine? I ask because I am not that great at making up jokes, I need help to get them and most of them are already taken on the net. So this wont work for everyone, but what you can share is some actual life experience that you have. I say this because everyone loves reality.

gvannorman, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  10. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everybody loves a good laugh :)

You don't need to have a spread sheet of jokes in order to say something funny. What people find most funny is often what they find most unexpected. So a good ole fashioned surprise is really what will get your readers laughing.

And you can trust me, I won funniest kid in the class back in high school ;)

11. actionplanbiz

actionplanbiz Member

Best Answers:
    Daily i work out SEO 1st, such as content and backlinks, or optimizing current sites on 1st page of google, Email my list,
    next i post in forums, then Social media tasks with twitter, youtube, and fb, the last thing i do is submit articles

actionplanbiz, Jun 15, 2010 IP