1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much backlinks should you get to get 2 page rank?

Discussion in 'Google' started by alex06291, Jun 11, 2010.

Is links on home page matters in increasing page rank? Suppose I want to increase page rank of my website then how many backlinks should I get? I am talking about backlinks from directory and forum posting, other kinds of backlinks I can not afford now!

In increasing page rank, does pages on website matter, is there anything like how many pages indexed on your website so that you can get good page rank.

alex06291, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  2. retroinnovation

retroinnovation Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no single number. it has to be a continuous process

retroinnovation, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  3. Crystal_Jobs

Crystal_Jobs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess so

Crystal_Jobs, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  4. scotman

scotman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just a note. If you add huge amounts of backlinks all at once it can actually hurt your pr either that or slow the process.

scotman, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  5. circus_freak

circus_freak Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you can consider about your quality content and the page amount, and the PR will increase in a long term :)

circus_freak, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  6. betacom

betacom Peon

Best Answers:
    No one study about it, but doing it every will work

betacom, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  7. Mr Cash

Mr Cash Guest

Best Answers:
    I got a PR2 after about 150 backlinks from forum signatures and blog commenting. So I would say about 100-200 backlinks and 3 months domain age.

Mr Cash, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  8. bradsimonaman

bradsimonaman Peon

Best Answers:
    What matter most the websites from which your geeting backlinks.if the pagerank of the website giving backling to your site is high it will give you more benefit

bradsimonaman, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  9. Mrsugden1

Mrsugden1 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes aim for about 150-200 but make sure they are high quality, high page rank backlinks. This will mean you need less of them and google will like your site even more. Also avoid adding too many at once particular point as your website many become "sandboxed" and you will receive barely any visitors so just gradually keep adding backlinks and you will reach your target. Good Luck

Mrsugden1, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  10. scotman

scotman Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is about right. I attained pagerank 3 for my website http://treestandguide.comin about one month. I know I had atleast 250 of those backlinks when I hit pagerank 3. Right now it has 413 backlinks.

scotman, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  11. TheSeoMagic

TheSeoMagic Member

Best Answers:
    it's not about the quantity of backlinks it's all about the quality ,it's just that

you build alot of low page rank backlinks you will not gain page rank
    you build a few but high page rank backlinks you will gain high page rank

TheSeoMagic, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  12. sijumpk

sijumpk Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is looking for natural links. Natural backlinks will grow continuously with time. This makes an impression on search engines that all somany users are referring the site. To get page rank 2, backlinks are only a single criteria among hundreds.

sijumpk, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  13. SorJai

SorJai Peon

Best Answers:
    ummm so how many different individual domain is that?

SorJai, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  14. CampWaterDave

CampWaterDave Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got pag rank 2 on my coaching site with 99 backlinks listed to site (including 26 to other pages on the site).I'm guessing it also depends on the quality of the sites linking. A link from the BBC hompage with Google page rank #9 and 23 million back links would beat having a lot of low quality links is my guess - just makes sense

CampWaterDave, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  15. weighingsolutions

weighingsolutions Guest

Best Answers:
    You are following the right way to generate the backlinks for your site...you may post press releases, reciprocal linking to gain good PR.

Regards
    Team
    Weighing-solutions.co.in

weighingsolutions, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  16. kaylatahzan

kaylatahzan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like this, very useful for me newbie.

kaylatahzan, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  17. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Quality is more important than quantity. 1 PR6 quality link is enough to bring you up to PR2

lifeplayer, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  18. romi.dorsan

romi.dorsan Guest

Best Answers:
    That is correct. I am also agree with him.

romi.dorsan, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  19. KISS

KISS Active Member

Best Answers:
    All you need is one sitewide (on all pages) PR2 or PR3 link :)

KISS, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  20. scotman

scotman Active Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest problem with getting a pr 6 link you can literally send out hundreds of emails and get no response. You can go as far as joining the community and responding to websites for a month and the answer is 99% chance of being no or no response. I heard of people actually using whois to get the high pr website owners name and address and send them a gift out of the blue, which I find really strange very intrusive and if it was me I would've sent it back. So under those real world circumstances you do what you can do, to get by. Don't fall into the scam of link buying either. Those sites don't last long. In my mind its unethical. Probably will step on a few toes with that last comment but that is just my personal opinion.

What I am saying is don't waste huge amounts of time trying to get those coveted pr 6 links it is not going to happen. No pr 6 websites are willing to go out of the way and link to you if 1. your a newly established website 2. you have hardly any content and 3. if your current pr does not match theirs. I should add and rightly so why should they put their neck out on the line when linking to a site with a lower pr than them? They have nothing to gain but everything to lose. If pagerank means anything it means how much a search engine trusts you. A good analogy is pagerank is alot like your credit score.

If your wondering if it is the way I approach a website about forming a link partnership I give my full name and company name with a letterhead.

My website I listed above does not have 1 pr 6 website. Backlinks are not only given out from link partnerships. If you produce awesome, compelling and interesting content you will not have to search for links. people will link to you becuase they want to share with your readers your great content.

Forums are the best place to get traffic you can not imagine how much I increased my visitor rate by just posting in forums and trying to help out. You don't even need to pitch your website in the post to them. If you have a good signature and give interesting advice those users will want to read more on what you say. I think one of the biggest mistakes website owners make is while attempting to help someone out, it ends up you pitch your site more than helping them and the whole time you have the link in your signature. I don't know people don't like to be insulted like they could not read your signature in the first place right? lol

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    scotman, Jun 15, 2010 IP
    zinruss and welkin like this.