1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for creating videos for traffic - Please add your own

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Gordon Hay, Jun 11, 2010.

Hello everyone,

I would like to start creating videos, to try to get some additional traffic to my Wordpress blogs. With that said, I have done some research, and this is what I have found so far:

- Use a service like Tube Mogul to easily distribute videos
    - Keep the video short (2 - 4 minutes max)
    - Want to read what is on your slides (don't want to use background music)
    - Use primary keyword twice in the title (make it compelling) - ex: Apple Peeler - Dude! This is how you find the Best Apple Peeler!
    - Use primary keyword in the description
    - Add your URL in the description – use http://yoursupercooldomainname.com. Make sure the URL is at the start of the description.
    - Enter keywords in the tags
    - Create a YouTube channel - not exactly sure what the benefits are
    - At the end of the video, make sure you say "Thank you for watching, and please visit yourdomain.com" - Want to say the domain.
    - Add the YouTube to your blogs static page
    - After you get the videos uploaded, you may want to socially bookmark them.

Please feel free to add some other tips to this list.

Thank you,
    Gordon

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    Gordon Hay, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  2. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience, the content of the video is equally important. I've made this "how to video" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Q_eDEhHP0 with no relation to site that I am promoting. My stats showed the referring link which mostly came from that video. I guess they visit the site just out of curiosity.

sakto, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  3. Gordon Hay

Gordon Hay Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice video! I will be using the videos to mostly promote sites that have Amazon, eBay products on them.

4. Gordon Hay

Gordon Hay Peon

Best Answers:
    I finally managed to get my first video uploaded to YouTube. When I went and reviewed the video, I discovered that the last few seconds of the video is missing. Is this normal? Should I use a different file format next time?

5. Ray 'The Video Guy' Lane

Ray 'The Video Guy' Lane Peon

Best Answers:
    That cutoff doesn't sound normal. Have you checked the actual file that you uploaded? If that is OK, delete the YouTube one and upload again.

6. baliseo

baliseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know that you can make money from youtube through AdSense. And yet I figured out that it was not that simple to get approved as you need to be active in uploading more videos. How many videos do you know to upload? Any idea?

baliseo, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  7. geoffco23

geoffco23 Member

Best Answers:
    If you're strapped for cash, use free tools to make your videos. Download Open Office and use their slideshow software to make a slideshow. (You can break up an old article to use as content. Just turn the text into bullet points and make each one into a slide.) Add pictures from free stock sites. Then download Camstudio, and use it to record your slideshow to an .avi file. Edit this in Windows Moviemaker and add opening and closing credits for a professional touch. Add a soundtrack too; either a music track or whatever you record with Windows sound recorder. Save as a .wmv file with a keyword title, and upload to YouTube, making sure to add keywords to the tags section, and include the URL of your website in the description box. This will make a clickable link next to the video. Tweet it and bookmark it and blog about it and email the link to your list to get traffic.

geoffco23, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  8. pmaro

pmaro Peon

Best Answers:
    also try to upload to other video directories that can also bring you traffic.
    There are some software that will semi automate this for you

pmaro, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  9. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tube Mogul is best it will really help. But, your video needs to be very good to get traffic.

Serious Workers, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  10. Mr G

Mr G Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To get traffic that will convert you need to hold the attention of the viewer from the first second. For example; if you have a video about acne, don't start off with "Do you have acne and want to find a cure?" Say something like "In the next 3 minutes I'm going to show you how to get rid of your acne and make sure it doesn't return!" You TELL them what they want to hear. Then show them how you can cure acne using the product you are promoting.

Mr G, Jun 16, 2010 IP