1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to start an SEO firm

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by enigma104, Jun 14, 2010.

So I have been doing alot of SEO work and I am very confident in my ability to

Seek out keywords
    Implement keywords
    Create Fresh Content
    Submit To Article Directories

My question is that SEO is very time intensive one one website, how does one manage multiple accounts?
    Mainly in terms of link building.

I need to give my clients results and so I will need backlinks....but how do these seo companies easily get "30 backlinks a month added"

enigma104, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    maybe by getting some people and create teams to do some projects.

Excel 8, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This doesn't even scratch the surface of the SEO skills required to do SEO professionally. I would highly recommend you get some real world experience working for a company or agency in the capacity of a search marketer, SEO, SEO Manager, etc. before trying to go out on your own and market yourself as an SEO professional. Doing SEO for your site(s) is MUCH different than doing SEO for client sites. People who "think" they know SEO and go out and start selling themselves professionally typically end up either getting themselves in hot water or giving the "real" SEO professionals out there a bad name.

Forget about all of the "business" skills needed to start a company - finding and managing client relationships, sales presentations, marketing your company, record keeping, client reporting, etc. - SEO is a very tough business. If a company is going to entrust their livelihood (their web site and it's associated rankings) to you for pay, you had better 1) know a LOT about all aspects of SEO because you have done it all before (and NOT just read about it) or 2) carry LOTS (millions of dollars worth) of liability insurance. You screw up a business' site or get them penalized or don't deliver what you promise, and you can expect to be paying them instead of getting paid.

If you don't know how to give a client 30 links per month... If you haven't spent 5+ years getting paid by a company or agency to do SEO work full-time... then you're likely NOT ready to start a company selling yourself as an SEO.

Canonical, Jun 14, 2010 IP
    Lever likes this.
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have all my clients on IM and skype. They bug me real time 24-7 lol...

I don't work by the link so I am not exactly sure how to answer your specific question though. Excel spreadsheets are not a bad idea. My entire notion of building backlinks is quite different from others though. If you focus you can do in 5 links what other folks do with 500.

I touched on that a bit here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1835616

Clients seem to greatly appreciate that I care vs. throwing x amount of links at something.

I hope that is not too vague. I am sorta wiped out. Today was a tad hectic.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  5. enigma104

enigma104 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys. Thank you for both your informative opinions.

Do you think it would be possible for either of you or both to set up a quick phone call so that I may pick your brain a bit more? I really enjoy this work, and currently am working at company that does some SEO work.

I am also on AIM if that is easier. go ahead and PM me if you are game....thanks a million times again.

6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Likely tomorrow I will have some time. I have been fielding questions for folks since 7 this morning. I am a bit out of it. I won't likely make much sense lol..

I still have some actual work to do.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  7. enigma104

enigma104 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have forwarded both of you my contact information. If anyone else has any thoughts please continue to post

8. johnkelet

johnkelet Active Member

Best Answers:
    you want to able Powerful, Credible, Quality and Authority Backlinks for long term to stay in this market .

johnkelet, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Good post for a newbie, but what does that have to do with starting a seo firm? LOL

To the OP, I guess you could outsource the work, but you will probably have to make sacrifices on quality. Judging by your post, I have to agree with Canonical, it doesn't sound like you are experienced enough to be charging for seo services.

dcristo, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  10. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Companies has huge team. They make strategies as needed and accordingly they work. Handling 5-6 projects by a team of 7-8 people at a time is common this days. If you make proper strategy its really manageable my personnel experience says this.

Alan Smith, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  11. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to start as a freelancer then after getting good experience you can start an SEO firm.

markov, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  12. seox2

seox2 Peon

Best Answers:
    What you have been doing is merely keyword research and content generation, which is just a small part of what is known as "Search Engine Optimization", in simple words what you do is far from being considered "a lot of SEO work".

As couple of other members have suggested, try sneaking into a good SEO company (or assist an established SEO professional) as an employee and learn various skills needed for carrying out SEO. Then get into another SEO company and learn more skills, next get into another SEO company and ...
    Hope you've got the point :)

seox2, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  13. saritaets

saritaets Peon

Best Answers:
    I think make relations with people and make clients.this is need of firm.

saritaets, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  14. alfredthomson

alfredthomson Peon

Best Answers:
    you can buy links. it will cost you but you will also be generating some profit. my other advice is same as others, hire some members who will help you. or you can first train newbies get them to work...

alfredthomson, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  15. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    lol me too, really need to sort this out..

lol, that kind of talk wont go down too well round here ;)

SEOibiza, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  16. sub103

sub103 Member

Best Answers:
    solid advice

sub103, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  17. v2interactive

v2interactive Peon

Best Answers:
    this is what most seo firms do.

v2interactive, Jun 23, 2010 IP