1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DNS & SOA problems

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by ian_ok, Jun 12, 2010.

I've had problems for a month now I used to host a site of mine with awardspace a free host and have now moved it to my own reseller hosting package.

I've changed the DNS and still have problems with the site every now and again in when I try to access FTP it won't let me in. The site for a while used to show the old website, this seems to be a-ok now but the ftp is a problem.

The site is:
    sanlucardebarramedagolf.com

The major problem is the SOA will not change from the previous host. It keeps showing awardspace as the SOA. How can I get this to change??

Thanks Ian

ian_ok, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  2. tolra

tolra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like errors in your domains zone file, just get your host to clean it up for you shouldn't take them a second. If you have access then you can edit it and remove the old nameservers etc and update with all the new information.

tolra, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  3. inoxhost

inoxhost Peon

Best Answers:
    You can verify your dns errors using following site and ensure if everything is fine with your dns zones.
    intodns.com

inoxhost, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  4. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this a problem with my current host or the Awardspace (the previous). Would the DZF file be stored with my current host or need ameding with the old host?

Thanks Ian

ian_ok, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  5. tolra

tolra Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's the current host varialhosting.com where the zone files needs checking/correcting.

tolra, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  6. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I've just had a look at my reseller package and it had various dns settings, so I've changed those from awardspace. Will this be the normal up to 72 hours for changes to show.

Thanks Ian

ian_ok, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  7. tolra

tolra Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the settings you have, so it could be minutes or days, I'd need to see the whole file to be able to give you anything specific.

tolra, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  8. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all sorted. have also amended data for my other sites.

Cheers Ian

ian_ok, Jun 13, 2010 IP