1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I wasting my time submitting to PR0 directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by d.and, Apr 24, 2010.

1. freedollar

freedollar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hihg PR will boost your PR ..so lets search High PR directory

freedollar, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  2. dodod

dodod Peon

Best Answers:
    As a link builder who frequently submits to directories, I have seen so many similar development paths with web directories: the owner starts out the site with a lot of enthusiasm, later most of them will find that it was not worth the effort, so they start to require backlinks, payment, or simply leave the site as is.
    What does this mean for you? Well if you can manage to get your site listed when the directory is young then you are lucky, cause later you won't be able to get accepted for free.
    But PR0 cannot only indicate that a newbie launched a new directory, it can be also a sign of Google punishment or this directory can belong to a link directory farm with hundreds of (similarly named) similar directories.
    (Sometimes a page looses its pagerank only temporarily, so even quality directories can get to have PR zero home page.)
    All in all, it's difficult to decide why a site has Pagerank 0, since — if you vary the submission set — these kind of links cannot hurt, my advice is that if you use a quick (= directory submitter) solution, then submit it to PR0 directories too, because examining the quality of them would mean much more efforts...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    dodod, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  3. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Without question the best advice in this thread. A visual inspection, a check of existing links, Google adwords not overdone will begin to point to a good directory. A small payment may signify that the owner is weeding out the spam out pre-submission and is spending time human editing each link rather than auto approving. Another pointer to a future good directory.

boblord666, Jun 9, 2010 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  4. RBSAFE

RBSAFE Peon

Best Answers:
    It´s not a waste of time, even with low or no PR ! Some links will help you, and others might not give much value if any. But i don´t think any incomming links could hurt you, if that was the case you could just send spammy links to your competitor. (which would be too easy, right)

And as others say the links might get more value in the future...

RBSAFE, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  5. han-han

han-han Peon

Best Answers:
    I like all tips from comments. so the key is unique content & more baclink no matter pr0. thanks

han-han, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  6. beenaseo

beenaseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes,.......
    eric_wahlberg agree with your words. Directory submissions is a one of best way to get good PR.

thanks

beenaseo, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  7. alex06291

alex06291 Peon

Best Answers:

If I want to target one keyword then how can I change the title?

alex06291, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  8. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well thats not the case submitting with duplicate content as well as submitting to low pr websites in a short period of time can worsen your pr.moreover submitting to a higher pr website is much more benifecial than submitting to thousands low pr websites.well its not bad submitting to pr0 (as mentioned in above posts) as they may grow in future but if you are spending whole day then dont do it

laxman363, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  9. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that if you read the submission guidelines for most quality directories then keywords aren't accepted in titles anyway. The title is the title of your website and keywords are used in your description.

boblord666, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  10. brandonm

brandonm Peon

Best Answers:
    No no it's not a waste of time at all we all submit to them because they all are free :)

brandonm, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  11. Web_Programmer

Web_Programmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is the best way to put you PR. But directory submittion should be leave as well!=)

Web_Programmer, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  12. aunty

aunty Member

Best Answers:
    I do not think it is a waste , try to varry your keywords and once approved in niche directories, it will be a quality link for your site

aunty, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  13. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Always a good idea to have a link in any directory.

Ibn Juferi, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  14. rimple

rimple Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello friend,

Most of free directories have PR 0 and New directories also have PR0 But they have chance to become high PR directories so you continue because they will help you to get more backlinks.there is no time wasting.

rimple, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  15. alex06291

alex06291 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also prefer article marketing however forum posting is also good but it require regularity and understanding of internet community.

alex06291, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  16. harobaro

harobaro Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to submit your site and signature in more and more places so then you will get a decent traffic. While doing work on those sites which are Page Rank is not so wealthy but in starting you have to work on it.

harobaro, Jun 29, 2010 IP