1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google Algorithm get Ageist with Websites?

Discussion in 'Google' started by 1associate, Jun 8, 2010.

Could it be that Google's algorithm penalises sites past a certain age - 3-4 years for example? What else could explain the sudden fall in traffic for such a site? It has new content (admittedly most below average) added every day and at least a million social bookmarks...

1associate, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  2. ARTidas

ARTidas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Domain age is one of the most precious building block of domain auhthority and trust. A site will not get penalized because it is getting older.
    If you have a million bookmarks, why dont you have enough traffic from them? You propably made some mistake about the social media optimalization. Were you spamming these medias? To much rapid link building?

It can also be short term SERP drawback...

Can you give some more details?

Cheers,

ARTidas, Jun 8, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Au contraire - usually the older a site is, the more of an advantage it has in serps - it's seen as more authoratative, and the backlinks are older and established.
    Social bookmarks, however....they have a use but they are not very good quality and an over-reliance on them is not a natural linkbuilding pattern. Could be you've overdone it.

magda, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  4. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google does count and gives trust with domain age, but the further more on criteria they are using currently. It seems they look for overall deep link building and long tails ranking instead of looking just homepage links building for each website.

Sxperm, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  5. GeorgeKuipers

GeorgeKuipers Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like the explanation. Below average content - cannot be trusted I suppose, and million social bookmarks - looks spammy for Google.

GeorgeKuipers, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  6. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    A few of my sites are over 4 years old and to be fair whenever there has been a drop in traffic it has quickly rectified itself again within 4 weeks at the most. Not had a site lose traffic and then not get it back. Google is constantly evolving and this can sometimes explain the constant fluctuations in SERPS.

lightlysalted, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  7. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    The site in question is an article publishing site with thousands of members and has dropped from PR5 to PR4. I'd like to read what you think the problem could be in light of this information

1associate, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  8. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PR rank drops when the sites from where you get your backlinks themselves have seen a drop or have increased the outbound links considerably! In both the cases, the PR juice flowing to you drops resulting in your own drop. Such drops usually have a very high cascading effect... with practically no fault of your own! :(

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  9. traffic maker

traffic maker Peon

Best Answers:
    Age probably makes a difference but the easiest way to get more traffic to your site is to go to a professional who can help you get traffic. I have had the best luck doing that.

traffic maker, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  10. mhmdkhamis

mhmdkhamis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have same problem like you i have website was ranked in first page in google in most keywords this site have many subdomains and it old website

from 3 weeks ago google make it like spam and the all subdomains not show in search and losted 99% from my keywords

and suggest about this

mhmdkhamis, Jun 9, 2010 IP