1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Created a free tool for you guys.

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by falafelfro, Jun 7, 2010.

Hello fellow Clickbankers. I know I've been out of the loop with the CB forum here at Digital Point for a long while, but wanted to touch base because I created a free new tool for you guys at http://www.linkable.com that I think can be useful for online marketers who need to keep a collection of links available online.

The site is handy to manage your online websites and have them accessible across browsers and computers.

I'd also love to get your feedback about ways I can improve the site. The site is free and always will be.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    falafelfro, Jun 7, 2010 IP
    ing likes this.
  2. karabas

karabas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice interactive UI, though I'm not sure that I'd use it. It has to have something more that nice UI to set it apart from the crowd

karabas, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  3. falafelfro

falafelfro Peon

Best Answers:
    Karabas - Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it, because it makes me realize I need to do a better job on the page of distinguishing its unique features.

What sets Linkable apart from the crowd is the "in-page" browser button (or bookmarklet) which allows you to save links to your Linkable page in real time as you surf the web. Unlike any other site out there, our in page bookmarklet will bookmark any page regardless of its html code, and similar to other bookmarklets, the browser button is compatible with all windows and mac browsers and requires no software. It also requires no software installation.

In a nutshell, you click a button in your browser to save a link, wherever you are, and it always gets saved to your personal links, accessible on any machine. Alternative bookmark services like Delicious and XMarks either don't have compatibility with all browsers, or require special software. Another cool feature of the site is that as you save links on Linkable, your Linkable page refreshes in real-time without requiring a page reload. Also, Linkable gives users an autocomplete-enhanced search to retrieve links (much like your browser already does), except you can search with autocomplete to retrieve your favorite links from any browser, on any computer, anywhere.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    falafelfro, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  4. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    So it's a social bookmarking site?

I have at least 3 JavaScript bookmarking buttons in my Chrome browser right now (compatible across all major browsers on all major platforms), and I'm sure there are many more out there. Be careful of wild claims.

Here's an important question if you're advertising your site on here: are your links dofollow?

TigerPublishing, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  5. falafelfro

falafelfro Peon

Best Answers:
    TigerPublishing - it's not exactly a social bookmarking site. The site has a privacy tab for links that a user isn't sharing, and other links are accessible through the user's URL. I guess it's a personal bookmarking site with certain social elements.

Regarding your other points, I have revised the language above to more clearly explain the "unique attributes". The browser button (bookmarklet) of Linkable will generate an in-page bookmarklet and save bookmarks of ANY website regardless of browser or computer. Other bookmarklets for bookmarking that generate an in-page interface break on certain pages. Regarding whether the links are no-follows, I don't know, and that doesn't concern me as I'm more interested in feedback and sharing a free tool I developed.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
    falafelfro, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  6. karabas

karabas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please provide an example of page there bookmarklet of some other bookmarking service breaks?

karabas, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  7. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hey,

That's a nice domain name too.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  8. falafelfro

falafelfro Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure - let's take a reputable Company's bookmarklet as an example - Amazon's Wishlist button

Try using their bookmarklet on a page like http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iphone_user_guide.pdf. Their bookmarklet breaks if you bookmark an online PDF, whereas the Linkable bookmarklet will work with such pages by detecting potential conflicts and providing alternate javascript for the bookmarklet. If you wish, I can provide many more examples of websites where the Linkable.com bookmarklet works for saving links, and other bookmarklets don't.

falafelfro, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  9. stevebay22

stevebay22 Guest

Best Answers:
    instapaper.com is a great tool like this, but marks articles or posts for later.

stevebay22, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  10. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Fal,

Long time mate!! I see you have been busy in the dungeon with this, I've actually heard of it - had no clue it was yours best of luck with the venture it looks sexy (and yes, hot domain - must have paid nice coin for it).

Cheers!
    NC.

NCMedia, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  11. spud--1

spud--1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good but it appears all messed up in my browser (IE7) and a lot of the images are not working, let me know if you want to see it and ill send you a screenshot.

spud--1, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  12. TheSeoMagic

TheSeoMagic Member

Best Answers:
    looks good thanks

TheSeoMagic, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  13. evilpuppy

evilpuppy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Source: http://www.linkable.com/privacyPolicy

Basically, adware browser addon created to steal CB affiliates' commissions.

Nice, no? =)

evilpuppy, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  14. lspublish1

lspublish1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Old bump, but I found this searching for a good browser-independent bookmarking tool, and it's really good.

lspublish1, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  15. MrFocus5

MrFocus5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks...I was searching for something similar now for a long time.

MrFocus5, Mar 5, 2011 IP