1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I get my hands on email lists?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Leviathanose, Jun 5, 2010.

Evening. So I heard email lists can be pretty good to spread the word. So I am wondering, how can I get email lists for free, and then use them anonymously?

Leviathanose, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  2. Travis

Travis Peon

Best Answers:
    Lists like this I suppose you can buy, but opt-in lists are better, and are specific to you because you build them yourself. You have more targeted users, and there is less "spammish-ness" associated with them. Especially if you're wanting to use them anonymously, it's just spamming.

Travis, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  3. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah as far as I know you can either purchase e-mail lists from people who have collected the e-mails or collect the e-mails yourself.

The only thing wrong with purchasing e-mails is you don't know where these e-mails came from and you also don't know if the e-mails are high quality or if they are even related to your niche.
    Collecting e-mails yourself is the only way to guarantee that the e-mail lists are well targeted.

You can also scrape for e-mails but that is black-hat marketing.

Le Dangles, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Free?
    There are nothing free in the world.
    You need to do some work for example buying email list from company.

mentos, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  5. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I first started I got hold of some free email lists for my niche - just what I needed.
    I had my own autoresponder so I loaded them up, composed a masterpiece and hit send.
    Half of them were undeliverable, and out of the remaining half I got 200 complaints. Not bad for a list of 1000.

I wouldn't recommend buying or obtaining lists unless you can guarantee that they are double opt-in, yours will be the first mailing they receive and they come from a very, very reputable supplier.
    Try to concentrate on building your own list. Try ad swapping with DP members, try everything but keep it legit. Spamming just gets you a bad rep.

PaulSch, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  6. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    You can buy them, but typically the best lists are opt-in and ones you "make".

MayaLocke, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  7. cowboynhoc

cowboynhoc Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinions, the best way to obtain e-mail list is to start up a social network such as blog and forum. You will have real e-mail list from active members. Buying can be very expensive and irrelevant since you do not know what you are getting

cowboynhoc, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  8. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Recently i have met someone on DP that offering some transaction, but he want me to send him email.
    After i sent him, i got some spam...
    maybe you can try it to increase some email

petr_ind, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  9. Eric John D. Villotica

Eric John D. Villotica Peon

Best Answers:
    Email we have to fast transaction to the another person.

Eric John D. Villotica, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  10. Leviathanose

Leviathanose Guest

Best Answers:
    But for email sign ups on a Blogger blog, how can I do it? I use Google Friend Connect right now but it sucks terribly, since I can't see the emails or how many have signed up to it.

Leviathanose, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  11. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could build your own mailing list - there's some decent free software, such as PHPList, that lets you set up a mailing list - advertise it on your site and you should get a steady trick of users that are actually interested in what your emails will be advertising.

etali, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  12. Superstring

Superstring Peon

Best Answers:
    It's slower but better to build an email contact list from your customers. I suppose you could buy lists, but people who have never heard of you before will be quick to send your message to spam.

Superstring, Jun 7, 2010 IP