1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Country specific sites and visitors - confused

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by spideynumber01, Jun 6, 2010.

hi friends,

I don't know how to explain my question friends. but i try little.

I have doubt on country specific sites i.e .com, .us, .uk etc and country specific visitors from search engines i.e. visitors coming from google.com, google.us, google.uk

Can someone please explain the difference?

supposing i am in an european country and owning a 'website.us' . Does this mean my website is in US and i will get more US visitors? Or it still depends on my webhost provider country?

basically, i want to sign up for cpalead and i heard that surveys are not there for some countries. DOes this mean people coming from my home country search engines will not have surveys?

I also heard that US and UK has more surveys. So, i want to target US and UK visitors. How to get them? Do i have to own a .us or .uk site or .com site Or it depends on my location and web host provider location.

Please clarify

spideynumber01, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  2. SamGrace

SamGrace Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, geoTLD have little to do with traffic, but for local webhost; it will help in fast loading of your website.
    But to get some geo targeted traffic, what you have to do are:
    1. Pick keywords that specific to targeted geo location
    2. Buy traffic that also geo targeted.

Since your concern is traffic, do not think too much over TLD and webhost. If you've pick the right keywords, everything else will follow.

SamGrace, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  3. dodod

dodod Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO there are only one important factors when you are targeting a specific country:
    - how many links from the same ccTLD are pointing to your site (or how many web sites with other ccTLD, but heavily interlinked from sites of that country)

dodod, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  4. GeorgeKuipers

GeorgeKuipers Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many factors to make your site ranked well in local searches.
    If you really want to promote in, lets say, UK zone - check the following factors:
    - buy co.uk domain providing your UK-based WHOIS data
    - set your geo zone as UK in GWT
    - get hosting in UK
    - set clearly your UK address on website
    - get links from UK sites, mostly
    - link to best Uk websites

That set will definitely work.

GeorgeKuipers, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  5. spideynumber01

spideynumber01 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks mates for the info.