1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are sitewide links used for?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by nobluff, Sep 10, 2006.

I have been told that a sitewide link on 1 site will only count as 1 link (even if its on 100 pages).

Is this true for all the major SE’s? (Google,Yahoo,Msn) and if so what is the purpose of sitewide links ? Are forum links the seen as sitewide links by the SE’s?

nobluff, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  2. Subzero

Subzero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it will only count as one link yes. The only reason I will consider sitewide links is that it gives your site much more exposure. You don’t just have one link where people could get to your site, but maybe 100's or 1000's.

Hope this helps ;)

Subzero, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think this is true.

If a site has 1000 pages indexed in google and you had your link on every site then you would have 1000 links, the only problem is that you are getting backlinks from the same domain and same CLASS C Ip address and this links dont count a lot for google.

netmaster123, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  4. ltcobretti

ltcobretti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It counts as more than one. Actually they all count, but after the first they are discounted, probably exponentially. Sitewides are still better, and will always be better because they really are...

ltcobretti, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  5. nobluff

nobluff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny that this thread has become alive today of all days ... my altavista backlinks improved by 307 (sitewide link) and my msn went down by 177. I was expecting msn to take a dip as it has been mentioned that lots of links will raise a flag, then after a while all goes back to normal, hopefully.

nobluff, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  6. Subzero

Subzero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe 1000 links with MSN, but G is defiantly not counting all, also it looks artificial linking situation (may raise a flag with Google).

Subzero, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  7. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    imho the link shouldnt count for anything in google as its obviously a sold link. Sitewides should be used for traffic purposes, not seo.

klown, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  8. boohlick

boohlick Banned

Best Answers:
    i think its not really new since google is not really showing all but just random results in you total backlinks. ;)

boohlick, Sep 18, 2006 IP