1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsearch?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by rubin_trend, Apr 12, 2005.

Hi,

Although I m banned from google adsense, thanks to a "good" friend, (as i said in my previous post), I still have some questions:

- If someone makes my site as his homepage and uses it for his usual google search. He will have more chances of clicking the sponsored ads since now the sponsored ads will be almost "exactly" what he is looking for. So the click throu rate will certainly be higher.

Will this also be regarded as invalid click and get me blocked? because if thats the case, then rather than wanting people to make my website as "home page" I would have to urge them not to do that!!

Please reply

rubin_trend, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  2. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    ummm..if you're banned from adsense, what does it matter, you won't be able to to do the adsearch anyway.

wendydettmer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  3. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Only if the clicks are suspicious, IMO.

Situation A) Visitor uses your AS for Search and clicks on 4-5 ads and all the ads he/she clicks are different: OK!

Situation B) Visitor uses your AS for Search and clicks on 15 or more ads and many or all the ads he/she clicks are the same ad: SUSPECT!

I've had visitors click on multiple ads on my search portal site (www.InternetExplorer.cc) and I am confident that I haven't broken any rules as a result of this sort of click behavior.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  4. rubin_trend

rubin_trend Guest

Best Answers:
    You missed the point.

Anyways, now i am understanding it better.

thanks

5. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I missed the point, too. I would like to help if I can. To do so I need to understand your question, and I don't. Please elaborate.

However, bottom line is Google has probably rejected your plee of innocence. That should be no shock. That being the case...'once your gone you can't come back' You must accept that and move on Yahoo is coming.

Homer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  6. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hopefully sooner rather than later

AfterHim.com, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  7. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:

I hope yahoo lives up to its hype! I too can hardly wait till yahoo contexual advertising comes out to the mainsteam.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  8. rubin_trend

rubin_trend Guest

Best Answers:
    Moving On I am ... thanks for the advice. I have taken it, but that doesnt mean I cannot have questions about adsearch or adsense as such ... does it?

Please dont be biased with the fact that I am banned by adsense. This is a question for my information .... and I think the other person (amcy.org) has already given me the answer

Anyways, let me explain my point clearly, this is just for information:

If I post adsearch on one of my websites, and ask people to make it as their homepage if they want to.
    If they do make it their homepage, they will be running their searches via my website.

Now, considering that the ads in the search results are more pertinent to what that person is looking for, he will be more likely (than to click on the random ads on some website he happens to visit) to click on the sponsored ads on the search page because thats exactly what he is looking for.

This will make High CTR (I think) from this same IP, for whatever searches he does, because sponsered ads more than likely contian the required information.

My question is would google consider this also illegal and ban the site?

Now to explain my situation:

This is somewhat happened in my case

I am sure you did visit the page where i metnion I was banned because someone made my site (blog) as their homepage on the same machine (i am a student) as i work (with different user id ofcorse) and made some searches. I am not claiming that he did not make invalid clicks or anything ...(explaning so that people dont get touchy!) ... but i was just wondering if someone had used it as a regular search page ...would it also have resulted in ban!

I hope i make myself clear .. anyways ... amcy.org's answer was sufficient to make me understand and I appreciate it.

Also please dont get me wrong .... but it sounds rude ... when u use the language "deal with it and move on" again and again. When i was banned I have already seen a lot of threads and understand there are no ways to get in.

I think i had a valid question and have the freedom to ask it even if I am banned. As you understand I had very little time (1 week) to understand the whole system and my sudden ban has left many questions unanswered.

Thanks

9. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Yup, I agree, you question is valid, and just because you were banned doesn't mean you don't deserve an answer to your AS for Search question.

Bans can be draconian and annoyingly arbitrary (especially with eBay :mad: ) and though most AS bans are probably warranted, I think that there may be some that are questionable.

For some more perspective on this, here's a personal anecdote:

Last year, G had disabled AS for Search for all of my sites. Reason? Because they were not happy with the domain name I was using for my previous search portal (it was g00glesearch_dot_ws.) I agreed to discontinue use of the domain and within a week my AS for Search functionality was back for all my sites.

G has every right to aggressively protect their brand so I did not complain about letting the domain die. However, I wish they would have contacted me before disabling AS for Search for all my sites--which resulted in lost revenue for me.

G can terminate an account for any reason and often those reasons are not disclosed. Everyone deserves an explanation, IMO.

On a slightly different note, I'd also like for G to provide access to the AS revenue percentages that they pay their participants. Seems to me that the percentages are changed frequently and capriciously. Is that fair? Hopefully the competition that's arriving soon will help to open things up a bit. I'm a big fan of transparency!!

:D

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Hi rubin_trend; Please don't take offence to my grumpiness...not intended :) Guess I get a little cranky reading many threads of this nature and feeling a little rattled myself. I simply don't like the cold approach taken to young people, cuz there's no second chance.

You are an intellegent poster and can see you are learning at rapid rate.

Yes, your question is certainly valid. You may want to read this article http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=3828&highlight=david_sakh+banned , there may be some helpful info for you. I won't bother answering your question because AmCy has done a good job at that.

Best in success :)

Homer, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  11. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that depends on what your webpage is about and how prominent the adsearch is. I know that on my pages, the search is there, but i highly doubt many people use it. from personal experience, i know i do not use the search on my homepage for my main search (even though it's not my site). I think it just depends.

honestly, it doesn't sound like that would be the case. i search the web a ton and rarely click on ads, i'm more interested in the search results. but i suppose everyone is different. amcy.org's answer made sense however.

you do have the freedom to ask your questions, and i'm thankful you clarrified your question. i can understand you wanting to understand more fully what may have happened to your account. it would be nice if google could supply more answers, although they are swamped with those types of questions i'm sure.

wendydettmer, Apr 12, 2005 IP