1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get a former website designer to realease my website if they do not do it

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ErikJ, Jun 3, 2010.

I hired a moron on here on DP to design me a logo wordpress theme and a landing page for my website. Well the Idiot couldn't finish the job so I now have someone else doing it for me.

but when I type in the address to my site it goes to the moron designers website.

I asked him to release it but what can I do if he is gone or decides not to?

so the question os how can I get my website released from under his control if he doesn't cooperate?

ErikJ, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did the designer have access to the DNS of your domain - if so, why? Is the domain in their name - i.e. what does a whois search show for the owner?

mjewel, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  3. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    contact the web hosting service used by him to host his site.
    Or maybe you can contact the web hoster he use to redirect the url.

petr_ind, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  4. hospitaleracha

hospitaleracha Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you need released, the domain? Or the work he has done so far? If you own the domain, you should be able to simply change the nameservers to a new hosting location. If it is the work he has done so far (and hosted on his own site? Mock-up page?) that depends on the agreement you have signed with him. SY

hospitaleracha, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  5. BarbaraACF

BarbaraACF Peon

Best Answers:
    If you own the domain, you should be able to have the nameservers changed to a new location.

Stuff like this is why you should always get things in writing.

BarbaraACF, Jun 4, 2010 IP