1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Honore! Clean up this scammy mess you made!!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010.

Folks, I am sorry for dropping this bomb on you, but since Honore does not respond to email or PM, but does log in here daily, I feel this is the only way to get his attention regarding a big scam he created and needs to set straight!

What happened:

Mr Honore contacted me about a SEO writing assignment, for 10 articles about Pianos, 600 words each.
    I set out to write them, completed the order within 48 hours, though the deadline was 72 hours, and mailed them to Honore.

Untill that time Honore and me had several PM conversations, but as soon as the articles were in his mailbox, all fell silent. I waited 2 days, and then started digging on the forums here(Where he has a spotless record I must add). Through a lot of luck and coincidence, I found the original buyer for the piano articles, whom I contacted today.

As it turned out this fine gentleman had also not received the articles, even though he had paid half of the agreed amount upfront through Paypal. So at this point I do not know what Honore did with them, he did not deliver them, that's for sure.

Since I wrote the articles, I was able to solve matters with his buyer and delivered the articles, so at least he was happy, and to make up for Honore's mess, I gave him the articles. After all I am a professional.

In short the end client has been served, and I was going to leave a negative Itrader for Honore and be done with it, but and this is where it gets interesting: Before I could, I got contacted by another writer here on DP, that has the same problem. Did a large assignment for Honore, and disappeared just like he did with me.

I do not know if there are more writers ripped off by this person, but if there are and they read this, feel free to add to this thread.

So far the facts.

I further suspect that this is not something that just happened, but was premeditated, as my chat with the original buyers, turned up an interesting fact: The pay Honore was to receive for the articles, was the same as the rate I charge for creating articles. So Honore would have had to pay me the full amount, so where would be his profit margin?

Exactly, there is no profit margin and he already knew that before he contacted me, so he must have planned to rip me(and most likely all other writers) off from the start.

So, to conclude this post I have 3 things to state:

1. Honore Clean up your scammy mess, pay your writers and deliver the articles that you did receive!

2. Buyers that are waiting on articles from Honore come out, and make your presence known. Chances are good we have writers here that have your articles ready and waiting for you to use, but they do not know who you are!

3. Writers that are also scammed by Honore, also come out, as this thread is my attempt to bring you all together, so that the articles can finally end up where they belong!

To the mods and admins on this forum, I do think this is the place to put this thread, as it is not about content creation, copywriting, or offering services, but about scamming businesses.

Should you feel this thread was placed here in the wrong forum, then please be so kind, to move it to the forum you feel is right.

Thanks to all for your attention regarding this matter.

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  2. Otillier011

Otillier011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Fellow DPers,

I, too, have been scammed by Honore (He/she is not honorable after all).

I was engaged to write several articles on wordpress, speech notes, Google Hot Trends. Bitbop, Blackberry. If perchance, the buyer or buyers of these articles haven't received them yet, please do come out and inform me as per suggestion of Kraven.

Otillier011, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  3. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you complain about it to mods?

abhijit, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not yet. I am not one to get people in trouble that fast. You should view this thread as a last resort, to enable Honore to set matters straight, and also in case he doesn't(Which is more then likely) to at least attempt to bring the buyers and writers together so it gets sorted.

If he doesn't come out, then I will complain to the mods.

Currently I started this thread, mailed Honore, and sent a PM also regarding this thread, while at least one buyer I know is reversing his payment to Honore, since he never delivered the articles, but I did instead.

In other words it is a big mess, but it can still be sorted. Complaining to mods should only be done if all else fails, and this was one option that was worthy of exploring, to see if we can get the articles to their proper destinations.

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  5. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok do onething ask the original buyer to file a dispute for the upfront payment he made.

abhijit, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  6. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    He already did :)

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  7. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great.It would be good if you could share here the link of DP profile of honore.

abhijit, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  9. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I am a writer you know? :D

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  10. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Scott here. Honore promised me ten articles. I paid him up front for half and got no response for days. Kraven2 let me in on the situation, so I'm pretty pissed. Essentially, Honore made a bunch of promises. He outsourced the articles to Kraven2 but then took the cash, took the articles and disappeared. :|

scottmweaver, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  11. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wow users are outsourcing the outsourced work. :)

abhijit, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  12. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A remarkable development:

Honore just saw fit to finally send me an email.

This is what he sent:

I believe this to be a bunch of bullcrap, and for good reasons, so this is what I replied

To be continued.........

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  13. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well its getting exciting ;)

abhijit, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  14. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting anyway. Wonder why he mailed instead of posting here...

Kraven2, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  15. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you get your payment man. This honore guy seems pretty shady

sar420, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  16. Otillier011

Otillier011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have made a more detailed check on his record here. While it is true that he had a positive reputation prior to the negative feedback given him by Kraven, I had some interesting discoveries when I checked the details of his positive feedback.

Content providers must be forewarned of this guy, as chances are he will make another attempt to scam others using a new DP account. There are strong indications that this is not the first time he has done this here at DP.

17. Aleksandar Mitić

Aleksandar Mitić Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Track everything about this guy, IP addresses, emails, everything. He'll sure try to do something later again and if you can prevent him that would be nice.

Don't send your work to no name persons until you receive the payment. Or, don't send the payment until you receive the work. Simple as that.

Protect yourselves people, mods and admins can't do it for you until you're screwed.

Aleksandar Mitić, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  18. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think he don't want his conversation recorded on DP.
    If Admin or mod can see it, i think they will take action soon.

petr_ind, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  19. Otillier011

Otillier011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is the latest stunt from Honore. Unlike Kraven, who was lucky enough to receive a word from him, I have not received any word from him for 6 days already despite my repeated emails and PMs. Perhaps he was so sick that he can only manage to respond to only one among those that he defrauded.

I have sent a payment request through PayPal, and at least I was successful in getting his attention - HE CANCELED THE REQUEST.

20. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:
    *Getting some popcorn

jacquem, Jun 5, 2010 IP