1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Reasons Why Article Marketing Sucks!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Bompa, May 28, 2010.

1. SiL^Er_HunTeR

SiL^Er_HunTeR Guest

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is gettin a little redundant, the key is to have the best tools when using it as a strategy..

Sil^er_Hunter

SiL^Er_HunTeR, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  2. jeffrey73

jeffrey73 Guest

Best Answers:
    Good method, but not entirely true. Even 20,000 competition would be great. But I've had articles rank TOP 3 with tons of searches just from Ezine Articles alone. 1 article even had over 5,000,000 competing pages. The article directories allow your content to be "leveraged" off of their authority.

jeffrey73, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  3. jeffrey73

jeffrey73 Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh really? What happens when they DO click through and buy? Does that also mean that the article directory collects your commissions when you make sales too?

jeffrey73, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  4. Sofialovesforex

Sofialovesforex Peon

Best Answers:
    I use it simply to increase my websites presence over the internet. In terms of traffic it has not been a very good source and as already said by the topic starter that having your own site / blog is more beneficial to generate more organic traffic.

Sofialovesforex, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  5. mobile2u

mobile2u Guest

Best Answers:
    its nice way to i like it very much

mobile2u, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  6. Affiliate_Marketer

Affiliate_Marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    They're mostly used for backlinks nowadays, but they can get traffic as well, if you publish them to the right amount of places.

Affiliate_Marketer, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  7. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true. I tried article marketing a few months ago as a sort of test, but cam to pretty much the same conclusion you did - you're just bringing traffic to their site.

Owning an article directory however, can be very profitable.

joshvelco, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  8. BizDetail

BizDetail Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing helped me get my site ranked and eventually generating organic traffic. Of course, I had a ton of original content on my site, too, but I did it right. Nowadays, I spend little time writing original articles for article marketing sites, I mainly use flipped content. If I spend my time writing original content, I put it on my site or give it to another webmaster with a relevant website as a guest article.

I guess it really depends on the age of your site and how many networking contacts you have. If your site is brand new, article marketing is a good way to get started optimizing your website, but it isn't the holy grail some people (article writers) make it out to be. It is one method amongst many.

BizDetail, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  9. Jess English

Jess English Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think article marketing is bad. This is the one of the good technique to market your site and to increase your traffic.

Jess English, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  10. Ivica

Ivica Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that article marketing is good way to get a backlinks. Nobody should expect traffic (every click is bonus as someone said) from article directories, but if you target some specific keyword you can be on first page on google....
    my point of view is to write and submit articles all the time as many as you can and one day youll be on first page, google will value your website according to number of links...

Ivica, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  11. topexnews

topexnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    If someone can summarized, it you have website and you are creating pages with your own articles on it, and there is a few links pointed to some internal pages for the same domain name, that is a good and valuable thing to do? or not. For me, this strategy has different purpose. You don't build backlinks, you just making your site bigger and with unique content, possible, more valuable for google.

anyone? thanks

topexnews, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  12. culvers

culvers Peon

Best Answers:
    Have to agree, article marketing isn't what it used to be..

culvers, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  13. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, you have definitely opened my eyes in terms of getting more traffic to my articles an din turn to my websites! :)

tjsocr22, Jun 4, 2010 IP