1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Google giveth, Google takes away

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by MikeSwede, Sep 16, 2006.

In June, before the June Google crasch I was making 200+ a day in adsense revenue. After the crasch it went to 60 bucks a day for months until I finally got some traffic back and was up to 135 a day give or take.
    Yesterday, another stupid Google crasch and my site went from 12,000 visitors a day to 1,800 and 40 bucks.....
    I guess, with all the AdSense spam sites out there that has replaced my site in the serps Google is probably making MORE money so what we need to do is to create meningless web sites with stolen content and then place adsense on them if we are going to make money. Just put them online with as much black hat SEO as possible and let them work for a while until Google decides to remove them because people complained too much, and while they are working, we create more sites, and more site and more site until Google is so full of crap that people go to another serach engine to find some real content.
    Google is BLAHHHHhhhhhhhh:mad:

MikeSwede, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  2. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's a really big jump. Do you get any traffic from Yahoo or MSN? The reason I ask is because it would seem even if Google were to drop you down alot in their index you still wouldn't lose so much traffic because alot would still be coming from other engines. Then again I guess alot of it has to do with the type of site.

Good luck with it in the future.

quick5pnt0, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  3. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess Google SERPS are the ultimate meta game - the playing field's always changing, so people have to be ready to adapt to it too. However, I'd always hope that instead of turning to black hat techniques, there's always a chance for a legitimate, hard working site owner to beef up his site via onpage and offpage SEO enough to beat out the idjit who only took 2.3 seconds to throw up his Ebay MFA site. :)

Telmari, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  4. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    Why do I feel that this one of these threads in which you have to wait until the complete truth comes out... :rolleyes:

john2006, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  5. hamster01

hamster01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid that reavealing your adsense revenue is forbidden in adsense terms&conditions...

I hope they won't recognize your nick among publishers :)

hamster01, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  6. dageek

dageek Guest

Best Answers:
    Hamster, re-read the TOS. There is certain info that should not be disclosed, but above isnt a violation.

Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program. Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.

dageek, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  7. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude I'm with you 100%!

The final straw for me was when so randon spammer not only ripped off all of MY OWN content straight from my site and place it on their scraper site with AdSense and affilaite links - they then had the nerve to not just SPAM my industry with tens of their useless pages but also in the same process have their crappy pages rank in the top 10 of Google for the main keyword that I had been working at years for to get into the top 10 - I was 12th when the SERPs were spammed!

For years webmasters were able to rely on Google for fairly reasonable and just SERPs it appears now it's dog eat dog and who ever is willing to Black Hat their way to the top 10 wins!

Burta, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  8. starke

starke Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say... it seems like a pain to keep up with all of the different tricks out there. I just notice that one of the top people for one of my keywords has several domain names, all with the same content... you would think that it would be picked up, but of course not.

Now they are just going crazy with duplicate links... just not good SEO... long and short, I've reported sites, but it really seems to take a lot of time for them to get around to removing all of the spam sights, and by that time, there are others.

starke, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  9. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you trying to say you're frustrated? :D

mike323, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  10. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Im sure if wait a few weeks things will settle. Since your site is probably established im sure it will regain its normal rankings and traffic if you wait.

IamNed, Sep 19, 2006 IP