1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most Professional Wordpress Theme?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mrandersona, May 25, 2010.

Hey guys, need your input on what you think is the most professional wordpress theme?

I'd like it so that the posts on the page don't make it look like a blog.

mrandersona, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. b2breps

b2breps Active Member

Best Answers:
    are you looking for free or paid? I was looking for the same thing and I found a good theme called Simply Business on ThemeForest.com. If you want to see what it looks like, I am working on building a site right now, the home page is set so it will give you a good idea.

here it is http://proresumewriter.com

b2breps, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as the "most" professional theme as there are a bunch of professional themes and being the "most" professional is just a matter of opinion at a certain point. Any particular features you want to see? Do you want a newspaper/magazine layout or a traditional one? Colors?

myp, May 25, 2010 IP
  4. kevoh99

kevoh99 Peon

Best Answers:
    kevoh99, May 26, 2010 IP
  5. seogawd

seogawd Active Member

Best Answers:
    try the standa-matic theme - it looks like a static html site with all the functionality of wp - get it at here

you will have to edit the background image to your liking (it's in the images folder) bgbody

seogawd, May 26, 2010 IP
  6. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    There so many premium theme websites popping these days, But to be honest Studiopress themes beat 'em all.

Oranges, May 26, 2010 IP
  7. juhasan

juhasan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love Thesis Theme and probably it's the best theme (premier theme) in the market at present time.

juhasan, May 26, 2010 IP
  8. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Ha, that's like asking "Who is the most beautiful cocktail waitress in Las Vegas?"

There are many different styles to choose from with a variety of options and functions. It is subjective to your own personal taste and how applicable it is to what you want to do.

There is no right or wrong answer to that question because there is no way to know what your taste or requirements are.
    What is"professional" to you, may not be to me and visa versa. A ton of people will tell you that Thesis is the second coming of Wordpress themes, but to me, it's just another theme..it's all subjective.

I would start with the premium themes and theme designers like Solostream, Woo, Brain Gardner, Elegant, Rocket themes, and so on...there you will see a ton of professionally designed themes...take your pick.

There are a ton of themes that don't look like your standard blog, with structured posts, obligatory sidebar and so on.
    what separates how a blog looks, regardless of the theme, is the person running it. Many blogs look alike because many webmasters copy every other webmaster.
    They use the same themes, plop the same 125x125 ads in the sidebar, have the same adsense placement, and have the same niche.

Do something original and you will design something original.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
    hmansfield, May 26, 2010 IP
  9. DanDemarco

DanDemarco Guest

Best Answers:
    A must have theme: WP-Sublime. Man you can make that big boy dance!

Dan

DanDemarco, May 29, 2010 IP
  10. khaxan

khaxan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Cordobo Green Park and I love it

khaxan, May 30, 2010 IP
  11. mmay

mmay Peon

Best Answers:
    what's the best stock to invest in? you asked a rhetorical question. make your own or download a free one. DONT pay for one.

mmay, May 31, 2010 IP
  12. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    What do you mean "Don't pay for one"? What kind of advice is that? How can you tell someone else how to run their website?

hmansfield, May 31, 2010 IP
  13. mmay

mmay Peon

Best Answers:
    this was the other part of the posters question "I'd like it so that the posts on the page don't make it look like a blog." you really don't have to pay for something like that.... do you? you'd pay if you wanted WAY more than that.

mmay, May 31, 2010 IP
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmnn, I missed or forgot that part...my bad.

I guess that just a matter of preference. I have paid for less and paid for more.
    I usually pay for themes just because I like them. That's a good enough reason for me.

If you don't have any graphic skills or can edit your theme files to make the customizations that you need....buying a theme is quicker, easier , with a whole lot less frustration.

Look how many people purchased and praise Thesis. Form what I understand it is geared towards people who like the customization options, without having to know how to edit files.

hmansfield, May 31, 2010 IP
  15. roopajyothi

roopajyothi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love thesis
    Its even emerging as a Framework for WP instead of a theme alone

roopajyothi, May 31, 2010 IP
  16. ch41

ch41 Peon

Best Answers:
    for wordpress free theme, you can use theme suffision, its fully customized. Or you can try mystique, this theme have great look and animation..

ch41, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  17. rieand

rieand Member

Best Answers:
    I use Wp Advanced Newspaper Theme, suitable for those who want to start their own e-newspaper site. Theme featured with a lot of modern features, such as AJAX, photo/video gallery, banner management and search engine optimized.

rieand, Jun 2, 2010 IP