1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have 27 Websites And No Traffic.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by goodman441, May 24, 2010.

1. goodman441

goodman441 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, people think I am a dumb butt for shooting down ideas. I have read what people are saying and I am also taking some of the advice...I just do not post about what changes I have made.

BackLinks? -- (let me think hard on this) -- Links that link Back to your site, from someone else's site? Oneway links preferably. Links on high PR pages. Best built over time so search engines do not flagg your site.

I had a site about 4 years ago with 41,000 backlinks, and the site's advertising MADE NO MONEY!!!!!

I think asking for help on here was a mistake, just brings me down reading the post telling my how stupid I am instead of trying to help.

goodman441, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  2. nitrogen77

nitrogen77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sell them . get a job in KFC

nitrogen77, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well just seem to know everything don't you.

That explains why you're making good money online. Oh wait.

The link I posted has a lot of good information about press releases, social networking, link building, etc. But obviously you're too smart for that information. You're so successful already that you didn't start a thread asking for advice. Oh wait.

dlm, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    1) You've apparently been doing this for 5+ years, haven't made any money and have lost over $1000 using Adwords without getting a single sale. Do you expect us to tell you how smart you are? Honestly, I've never seen anyone who's been doing this for 5 years who is as clueless as you are.

2) There's lots of (reasonable) advice in this thread, you've just already dismissed it (for example, proper link building is VERY important)

I don't really understand what you want here? A step-by-step guide to making thousands of dollars a month?

You would probably just mess that up anyway.

dlm, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  5. goodman441

goodman441 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad the "Advice Givers" here do not work on their local suicide hotline. LOL... DLM, you might be all that and a bag of chips in your world. But your words definately fall on my deaf ears..... All you do is insult people, or at least that is all you have done to me....so go play with some people that like you and leave my thread alone please.

Thanks,

6. goodman441

goodman441 Active Member

Best Answers:

I have just been looking at your other posts. WOW!!, you must be the most negative person on here!!! I read thru about 10 of your posts and they are all bashing people for what they are "screwing up"..... I do not feel so bad now, you are mean and hateful to everyone. I see you are spreading insults around.

7. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    I insult people who deserve to be insulted. If you go back and look at this thread, I actually started out giving you advice...

When people ask specific questions (where the answer can't be found with a simple Google search), I'm more than happy to give useful advice. When people make stupid threads and act like idiots, I call them out on it.

dlm, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  8. arsetan

arsetan Peon

Best Answers:
    so do i, im still have no traffic

arsetan, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  9. Peter Antonio

Peter Antonio Peon

Best Answers:
    Barry,

I've read about 6 pages of this thread and really feel for you. You are definitely a hard worker as evidenced by the 2 websites that you show in your signature. When I started out online I too was burned by Adwords. Most people have been burned, even if they won't admit it. It is extremely competitive and very few people actually do well with Adwords. Even some of the most successful Internet Marketers on the web will not venture in to Adwords. I agree with you that you should forget Adwords.

Next, if all of your 27 sites are like the 2 in your signature, you are not going to get much, if any, organic search results. Your sites are basically sales letters, which could be profitable if you had affiliates pounding them with traffic. They are simply meant to sell a product and frankly, the sales copywriting is not as crisp as it should be to sell these products. That is why most people spend $5,000-$10,000 on professional copywriters for pages like these. Basically, these types of pages are used for product launches and/or when you have a large email list to send to them.

My advice to you is that for the moment, you are beating a dead horse by trying to make these sites work as your only business model. If you want to make money simply put these 27 sites to the side for a while. I know they are your babies but your strategy is not working and will not regardless of how many one way backlinks you get for these sites. These two sites are not optimized for keywords that will bring traffic to your site.

Again, I have not read this entire thread so I don't know all the advice you have been given. If I were you I would get in touch with someone who can help you set up a blog that is keyword optimized from day 1. Begin to publish unique content that will get picked up by Google and get indexed highly because the keywords that you are targeting are not so competitive yet get sufficient traffic. If you were not banned from using Adsense, that is one way to monetize your site. Of course, there are many ways to monetize a site but without traffic you will get nowhere.

Once you see that you can actually get traffic to a site, you will begin to understand better the whole process of making money online. For example, it took me 2 years to learn a method that is now earning me $500 per month. However, now that I know how to make money I can outsource my work to others as I spend my time building a large subscriber list that will ultimately earn me the big money.

You just need to pull yourself away from these 27 sites until you can make one site that is earning you a profit. Your next site cannot be like the other 27 or else you will fail again. If you want to talk more you can PM me and I will try to help you as best I can. It would be better for you to end the abuse you are taking on this thread by not answering any more posts and let it go.

I really hope you do find some success because you definitely deserve to get back some of the time and money you have put into your work.

Respectfully,
    Peter

Peter Antonio, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  10. boyet

boyet Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just like serving too many masters... must not be jack of all trade and master to none....

boyet, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  11. The Rich Newbie

The Rich Newbie Peon

Best Answers:
    You're making a mistake that lots of people make, you're (were) throwing money at the problem. That's not a solution. For instance, when you were spending $1000 on AdWords you should have stopped your campaign when you reached $150 without a sale. Investigate why you didn't make any sales. Were you using the wrong keywords or is your landing page not converting. You can use Google Analytics to get detailed reporting on this. Split testing (using two ads at the same time) is also important. If you have 41.000 backlinks and no sales it means these backlinks are not geared to the product you're selling, it's all about the right keywords.
    Being a successful internet marketeer is all about trying and tweaking. If something is not working, investigate why, make changes and try again. I think most of us posting on this thread have made mistakes and even lost money, just like you. Making mistakes is OK as long as you learn from them!
    For you it's time to make a fresh start. Focus on 2 or 3 project you enjoy working on. You don't need to trash your other projects but focus on a couple of them for now. Install Google Analytics to monitor your traffic. Use free techniques to get traffic (articles, blogs, reviews, twitter, facebook, youtube, free high PR backlinks etc.). If you're not making any sales, tweak your landing page. Start giving away a free report, or one free video lesson and collect emails of potential customers. Build a list using Aweber. Believe me, when you start making sales you have a blueprint that you can use on all your projects!

(Remove websites from your signature, selling a make money method while not making a dime is not smart from a marketing point of view!)

The Rich Newbie, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  12. goodman441

goodman441 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Advice!!! I appreciate your feedback. I do have a few blogs that do get some traffic, and they are monitized with a plugin to insert Clickbank ads. But I am not seeing sales from the sites.

goodman441, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  13. goodman441

goodman441 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice as well! Thank You!

goodman441, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  14. Jihoy

Jihoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, forget about PPC for now. I'd recommend posting on classified ads sites, contact solo email ads, and massive amount of social bookmarking for a short term boost of traffic. But for longer term, I'd recommend setting a few hundred dollars a month and focus on getting one of the most promising sites ranked up first.

Jihoy, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  15. jeffrey73

jeffrey73 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have 1,000's of articles pointing to them, and you aren't getting sales, then they MUST be crappy! LOL

jeffrey73, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  16. saigontravel

saigontravel Peon

Best Answers:
    dunno which content of your sites, try to create content which people like, not you like, then "spam" it to everywhere and I'm sure that people will come to your sites.

saigontravel, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  17. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, no shit.

Perry Rose, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  18. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the problem here is the many sites... I did the exact same thing when I started. I create one site after the other and would give up on them after a few months because it was so overwhelming to keep everything up-to-date.

What I tell people now, is to stick with only one site and grow from there. Once your first site is profitable, build another one. You'll be more motivated since you won't have many sites to update every day.

Emperor, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  19. annalyn

annalyn Guest

Best Answers:
    Social networking and bookmarking are good source of traffic. If you want to generate more traffic, engaging on the following helps:

article submission
    blog commenting
    classified ads
    press release
    forum posting
    online group posting

annalyn, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  20. mac1

mac1 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is strange and shocked you have to see the title, may be it is not relevant with the site theme.to increase the traffic you can chose face book or you can take help from link exchange.it is obsolete but may give you much amount of traffic.

mac1, Jun 4, 2010 IP