1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Irrelevancy: Shows Proper Ads in Preview Tool but Irrelevant Ad on Pages

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by harish318, Sep 11, 2006.

I run a Articles Site. I am based in India but the site is hosted on US Server. I many a times get irrelevant Adsense Ads.

Eg.
    I have one article on itunes and immediate next article on Feng Shui. I see proper ads on itunes page but same itunes ad on Feng Shui page which are irrelevant.

I have used Section Targeting, Heading Tags with Keywords, Keywords in Title etc. but still I get Irrekevant Ads.

Furthermore if I check with Preview Tool I see the right ads but my actual page shows Irrelevant Ads.

The url for the 2 pages are given below.
    itunes page
    http://www.superarticles.com/articl...leOn=itunes--A-Flagship-Apple-Digital-Product.

feng shui page
    http://www.superarticles.com/articl...On=Improve-your-Feng-Shui:--Understanding-Chi

Can someone put light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Harish

harish318, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  2. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    If you copy or rename the page to a new url it should show relevant ads.
    I have a similar problem that only shows public service ads. But if I copy it to another page it shows relevant ads. I don't have an explanation.

tobycoke, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. harish318

harish318 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't change the url as its a dynamic url.

harish318, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  4. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try putting start and end tags to show where your content starts and ends.

rzvagelsky, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  5. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    1. I'd delete the article and make a new one.

2. maybe Google is confused by your 'messy' urls. I note that on your urls the description after ?Artno=1410& can be changed and the page still displays

3. How do you create new articles? Do you copy over an existing article then edit it? Maybe adsense is grabbing the previous article. One mistake webmasters make is to view a page before its finished. Adsense then visits the un-finsihed page and makes that it's topic. Never view an Adsense page until it's finished.

tobycoke, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  6. emuut

emuut Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you have many things going on in your site site.. you need to have a them and stick to that theme.. or try filtering the ads you dont want out :D

emuut, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use mod_rewrite to create static urls. If you don't know how to do it, you can find a freelance programmer who can help you. This kind of job does not cost too much :)

ablaye, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  8. harish318

harish318 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have put starting and closing tags

harish318, Sep 17, 2006 IP