1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avoid streamlinenet

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sifu, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ZipDee

ZipDee Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up for a 3month trial with Andrew Dollamore's Streamline.net but cancelled short of the end date. I gave Mr Dollamore (it's a one-horse outfit) my card details to pay for parking my website, prompted him several times to take payment, and at what would have been the day after the last day of the cancelled trial, Mr Dollamore took 8 times the parking value from my account - he did the same thing in 2004 to a 'johndoe - see digitalpoint.com, webhostingtalk.com or enter 'Andrew Dollamore, legal' into Google. If anyone here has been ripped off by Mr Dollamore please contact me at zippettydooodahh@aol.com

ZipDee, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  2. AlexGlover

AlexGlover Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh so his name is Andrew Dollamore. Nice one, cheers guys.

Let me tell you my streamlinenet story:

Searching around the net for some cheap web hosting, came across streamlinenet.co.uk and thought wow unlimited diskspace (is there such a thing :confused:). Signed up, no bother.. Discovered there are disabled functions in their php.ini - which stopped my web software from working, asked for a refund and was told I had broken the terms and conditions for getting a refund as the account had been deemed used as I had uploaded something using the ftp server.

As there is no way to know that functions have been disabled until you've used their ftp server, I'm going to challenge this term.. There is a consumer law that protects us from unfair terms like this. Statutory rights say we have a right to know what we are buying at the time of purchase. I'll keep this up to date.

AlexGlover, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  3. AlexGlover

AlexGlover Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh so his name is Andrew Dollamore. Nice one, cheers guys.

Let me tell you my streamlinenet story:

Searching around the net for some cheap web hosting, came across streamlinenet.co.uk and thought wow unlimited diskspace (is there such a thing :confused:). Signed up, no bother.. Discovered there are disabled functions in their php.ini - which stopped my web software from working, asked for a refund and was told I had broken the terms and conditions for getting a refund as the account had been deemed used as I had uploaded something using the ftp server.

As there is no way to know that functions have been disabled until you've used their ftp server, I'm going to challenge this term.. There is a consumer law that protects us from unfair terms like this. Statutory rights say we have a right to know what we are buying at the time of purchase. I'll keep this up to date.

AlexGlover, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  4. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some times, they are not just "threats"

Barefootsies, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  5. ZipDee

ZipDee Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this on the net

'VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION, if you have a .uk domain name registered with the registration agent Streamline Net Limited you are not considered the legal registrant regardless of what Streamline Net state under there terms and condition on there website.
    They state that they register all domain names to “Streamline Net (on behalf of a customer)” and that these domains are owned fully by the customer, however this is not the case. Nominet UK the national registry for .uk domain names has confirmed to myself that in fact the legal registrant of the domain name is Streamline Net and not there customer despite what is stated on there website.
    You may be asking why this is such a big deal, it is for many reasons but the most frightening for all people who have brought .uk domain names via Streamline is that if the Limited company was to collapse all the domain names would be cancelled off making them available on first come first served bases and there will be nothing you can do to stop this, also if your hosting package isn’t what you would of liked you are unable to instruct Nominet UK to move your domain name to another provider as you are not listed as the legal registrant.
    I advise everyone who has a domain name registered with Streamline Net to look at Nominet UK’s website under dispute resolution http://www.nominet.org.uk/DisputeRe...on/AboutTheDrs/ as this is your only hope in gaining back the ownership of your .uk domain name unless Streamline Net agree to transfer the ownership to you but at a cost of £30 plus vat per domain name a company with 13000 domain names will not be doing that option.'

Any comments?

ZipDee, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  6. ZipDee

ZipDee Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this on the net

'VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION, if you have a .uk domain name registered with the registration agent Streamline Net Limited you are not considered the legal registrant regardless of what Streamline Net state under there terms and condition on there website.
    They state that they register all domain names to “Streamline Net (on behalf of a customer)” and that these domains are owned fully by the customer, however this is not the case. Nominet UK the national registry for .uk domain names has confirmed to myself that in fact the legal registrant of the domain name is Streamline Net and not there customer despite what is stated on there website.
    You may be asking why this is such a big deal, it is for many reasons but the most frightening for all people who have brought .uk domain names via Streamline is that if the Limited company was to collapse all the domain names would be cancelled off making them available on first come first served bases and there will be nothing you can do to stop this, also if your hosting package isn’t what you would of liked you are unable to instruct Nominet UK to move your domain name to another provider as you are not listed as the legal registrant.
    I advise everyone who has a domain name registered with Streamline Net to look at Nominet UK’s website under dispute resolution http://www.nominet.org.uk/DisputeRe...on/AboutTheDrs/ as this is your only hope in gaining back the ownership of your .uk domain name unless Streamline Net agree to transfer the ownership to you but at a cost of £30 plus vat per domain name a company with 13000 domain names will not be doing that option.'

Any comments?

ZipDee, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  7. ZipDee

ZipDee Peon

Best Answers:
    The person to get in touch with is

Derek Rudeforth - Trading Standards Department

Derbyshire County Council
    Chatsworth Hall
    Wellington Street
    Matlock
    Derbyshire DE4 3FW

seems an appro poadress for Dollamore to meet his Waterloo!!

ZipDee, Feb 6, 2008 IP
  8. ZipDee

ZipDee Peon

Best Answers:
    streamline.net / Andrew Dollamore / Dollamore Ltd , one and the same entity according to 'The Theft (Amendment) Act 1996' , will, I can assure you and on the basis of the evidence I hold on my part and on the part of others, will never, in a month of rocking horse crap collecting Sundays, ever sue for either libel or shouting out loud defamation, and because anyone who has ever been in the wrong and has attempted either, has, as I have told him, always lost EVERYTHING (ask Jonathan Aitken)

To sue for libel, for example, takes at least a £20,000 deposit before you even start paying for the case! - and what the 'law' knows is that an in anyway 'guilty' person will more than probably loose his shirt pretty quickly just paying his lawyers and well before any legal settlement to opponents has to be considered, so they grab at least 20 grand initially to cover basic costs.

The thought of a 'cutpurse' conman like Andrew Dollamore 'Managing Director (CEO)' risking losing a thousand times more than he steals from unwitting individuals' bank accounts should hardly be a consideration to any one threatened by this modern equivalent of a bog robber.

Fear not! Justice always prevails Digitalpoint!

ZipDee, Feb 16, 2008 IP
  9. oxley

oxley Peon

Best Answers:
    Well - what more can I add to these opinions here. It's all happened to me as well.

As has been pointed out, if you're looking to make a basic HTML website, they're fine. Introduce anything even remotely complicated - even Wordpress, PHPbb etc, they simply cannot cope.

Their MySQL servers are, frankly, an utter disgrace. And as many have posted here, when you tell them there is a problem you get the stock robot response of "it is fine here".

I've also now been stung by their auto re-bill nonsense - no invoice but mysteriously they took the cash from my account. I've got all my hosting elsewhere now and was winding down my involvement with them but despite not using a single one of their services they still billed me, then told me they would not refund me as "I'd used FTP and email servers". Total rubbish - I hadn't touched them and now I'm £70 out of pocket.

Repeated complaints to support - asking for proof that I'd used their servers, despite my nameservers pointing elsewhere - have proved fruitless and even emailing their boss, Andrew Dollamore, has produced no reply.

I'm now taking up the case with Trading Standards.

I would not touch this lot with a bargepole and I can only hope that anyone reading will learn from the experiences posted here.

oxley, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  10. Peed Off

Peed Off Peon

Best Answers:
    It's sad that all these companies try to screw everyone over not matter what your involved in. Streamline overcharged my account on the wrong day it was up for renewal. Only after I told them they overcharged was when they refunded my money on to my credit card last night. The worst thing is that, I didn't even want the website renewed yet they charged me as a power for two years on a .com price!
    Plus they renewed two other hosting packages automatically without letting me know. Their whole system is tripe, the ticket thing takes forever and the fact that they patronise me about their terms and conditions after they didn't oblige to it infuriates me even more.
    Deceitful thieves

Peed Off, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  11. dla

dla Peon

Best Answers:
    just noticed today that they have paid themself on my card without any authorisation,tried to contact them that s what they said:

''This money was taken from your account for the renewal of service. We automatically renew all services you have ordered, when you sign up you agree to our terms and conditions as stated at:

http://www.streamline.net/retac.php

and then i tried to get a refund ,here is the rip off

''Thank you for your query

We can refund your account as follows:

TOTAL: £22.31
    Minus Domain fee: £9.98
    Administration fee: £1.02

TOTAL REFUNDABLE: £11.31''

they took £22.31 and refunded £11.31 ,
    THIEVES !
    TOOK MY £11 AND LEFT THEM
    am glad i ve found this forum

AVOID STREAMLINE.NET

dla, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  12. m davies

m davies Peon

Best Answers:
    I know I'm new to the site, but I do have dedicated servers for those of you wishing to move away from Streamline. If you would like to know more please contact me via this board, quoting 'digital point' and I will be happy to reply. For information I can provide IIS6, webmail, webstats, php, mssql, sql and ftp.

More than happy to take on their disatisfied clients.

Cheers

Mark

Mods: If this post is in breach of any rules please delete and accept apologies for infringements.

m davies, Sep 6, 2008 IP
    dynashox likes this.
  13. Tarocchi

Tarocchi Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to be hosted by Streamline until I cancelled my account in February 2008, just before it was due for renewal. I did it all through their control panel.

Streamline got back to me asking if I wanted to cancel just the one domain or all domains. I replied saying I wanted to cancel everything and close my account as I could no longer afford to renew it.

They replied saying that my account was now closed and good luck for the future.

I thought that was the end of it. I moved my sites to another hosting company.

Fast forward to 9th February 2009. I checked my online account with NatWest to see what my balance was as I wanted to order something online. I was shocked to find £68.98 had been taken from my account. I couldn't tell who had taken it. Next morning I went to my bank and reported it. They couldn't see who had taken it either as the transaction was still "pending". They wouldn't know who it was until it had gone through.

The bank immediately cancelled my card and ordered a new one.

A few days later, the payment went through and I could see it was taken by Streamline.net.

I contacted Streamline and told them I wanted my money back as they had taken it without my permission and that I had actually closed my account with them a year previously.

They wrote back to say they would process a refund. I never thought about it at the time, but since the card they used had been cancelled, the refund would bounce back to them.

My bank told me I should tell them they could pay it directly into my account using my account number and sort code or I could give them my new card details (which I would cancel again after the refund went through).

They replied again saying that the refund was paid back onto the card that was originally used. I said it would be impossible to do so as that card had been cancelled, and again told them they could pay it into my bank account or through a new card number.

They got back to me saying the refund has gone through and had been accepted by their issuer and gone through at their end, and as far as they are concerned, the refund has been made. "No further refunds will be made".

I checked my account tonight, and there is stil no signs of any refund.

I've contacted Trading Standards in Gloucester, where Dollamore is now based. I'm waiting to see what they have to say about the matter.

I will not give up this fight against this company!

Tarocchi, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  14. rollingsta

rollingsta Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the major bump but i have just been scammed by streamline.net i have never ever sign up to them before.
    they took £105 out of my account for 2 years hosting.
    i would not pay for this as i already have a good hosting company.

i have rang them 6 times total of 3 hours with not a single answer on the line.
    i have sent numerous emails no reply.
    i told the card company but they r useless and said they will give a refund if they dont reply (which they probably will to the bank)

any success stories of money back?

rollingsta, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think they use your money to pay lawyers.

Blogmaster, May 25, 2009 IP
  16. marko2002

marko2002 Member

Best Answers:
    Streamlinenet basically brought the functionality of our site down, we signed up for unlimited file space and bandwidth (yep, I know!) to host files that we couldn't upload to our own site (not linkable, filesize not available, etc) although after noticing a lot of problems with connecting to the files we contacted them. Initially, they told us it was because we didn't have an index page?! After explaining to them that we didn't use the space to host a website but rather to host files we got a reply from them ...

"File Sharing" is a word I don't like because it's often associated with less reputable practices, although we are a 100% freeware site. The term "abuse" also concerns me so I replied explaining to them we were not "file sharing" merely hosting freeware files which are not downloaded that often and in equation to hosting a website would probably use less bandwidth and resources anyway. As for the "abuse" I told them I didn't appreciate them using this word and as a result I would then take my business elsewhere.

Nearly a month after initially raising my support request I received a response to my ticket telling me I couldn't cancel my contract!. As they obviously failed to provide me with the service I was paying for and now by their own admission didn't cancel the contract because of my supposed "abuse" of their services I concluded no breach actually took place because if it did they would have terminated the contract themselves. Therefore, we have only one issue in this entire situation and that is the fact they failed to provide me with the service I was paying for and so gave me the right to end my contract with them, despite them obviously disagreeing but my point in all of this is if you have a genuine grievance with a host of any description don't be scared to walk.

Although I've heard nothing from them for a few months now, I anticipate some contact as and when my original contract comes to an end but I'll deal with that when it happens but this is definatley a company I wouldn't do business with again at all, even if my site depended on it!.
    Marko

marko2002, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  17. thepvp.org

thepvp.org Guest

Best Answers:
    Streamline.net are taking the micky.

On the 26th June 2008 I wrote a letter to them that was sent as a "Recorded Delivery" to the office to not only complain but to advise them that I am demanding a refund for the outstanding year that has been paid for in advance on top of the compensation that I am entitled to for them failing to provide service. I was ignored.

The problem is that streamline.net use IIS and as any developer knows, IIS is a hackers funfair. Unfortunate for me was the fact that some hack got in to the server and deleted the htdocs and private folder and I am guessing that they did more damage to other sites and they were doing a sweeping up under the carpet job.

What then happened was a 2 month long bat and ball game of trying to get the tech department to make those folders again. I was told to make them despite me pointing out that I had neither the permissions to delete or make folders in the server root. This fell on deaf ears and they even tried to claim that I had deleted them when I had neither the permissions or the internet access.

I only know the site went down around April time as I was monitoring the main page on my mobile phone until I could afford a broadband dongel to get my internet access as British TeleCON sorry Com were being a bunch of "Richard Heads" and over a disputed mobile phone bill, they cut my fusion service to ziltch. So no internet for 3 months!

Anyway, meanwhile back in dollamore land, these jerk-offs were really taking the mick. I had officially cancelled the contract between myself and dollamore yet they are still holding on to my bank details and have tried on 3 occasions now to take £124 from my bank account and are happy to email this fact to me that they were denied access... GOOD they are not meant o get access to it, they have no claims to any money nor do I owe them a salt bean.

Today, 4th Dec 2009, nearly 18 months after the fact, I get a couple of emails more... Again they tried to take a payment that they are not entitled to. This to me smells like dollamore is holding on to more information about banking details like the security number on the back strip which I have learned is contrary to the DPA and when the ICO get my complaint form, they are going to investigate them. :D

Trading Standards were about as useful as a chocolate tea pot, all they suggested was that I resend the original letter with a cover letter asking them to remove my banking details from their system...

What people need to get clued up on is this "Payment upfront" deal, if you pay for goods upfront, the service provider or vendor has a legal obligation to fulfil the contract and if they fail to do so, your entitled to compensation and partial refund for those service not used.

All I can say is dollamore / streamline,net are a bunch of cowboys who are more interested in having your money than provide a service. Anyone taking webhosting from those companies frankly deserve everything thats coming their way.

The problem I also have read is people who say that they have never had an issue with the company... Hmmm, I have yet to meet someone who has something good to say about them, so I would err on the side of caution and either say your very very very lucky or a complete liar and you work for them.

You have been warned, this is a company who does not respect the law and what rights you have under the law yet are happy to rip you off while smiling in your face. True conmen.

thepvp.org, Dec 4, 2009 IP
  18. marko2002

marko2002 Member

Best Answers:
    marko2002, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  19. streamlinereviews

streamlinereviews Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had very similar issues with streamline.net. Please help me get this protest site off the ground and raise mass-awareness of their dodgy practises:

streamlinereviews.wordpress.com/

Much appreciated

streamlinereviews, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  20. kingofleon

kingofleon Member

Best Answers:
    Run from this company they are biggest con in hosting! They gave me free hosting for 3 months then charged me after 7 days. When i challenged them about it, they didnt reply for over a week and when they did they said they where unable to refund me the money. I would also like to point out they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

After a lot of wasted time and e-mails I have since got my money back. I have wasted so much time on them you would not believe.

I have since moved to Vodnia.com for my hosting they a lot smaller but at least they have good customer service.

kingofleon, Jun 1, 2010 IP